Chapter 26

Chapter 26

       "I have good news," Genesis said as she walked into my room. I was sitting on my couch, watching TV when I should have been getting  ready for the dance. But hey, all I had to do was change my outfit.

       "What?" I asked as she sat down on my lap. She was already wearing her dress for the dance and she looked beautiful. So I told her. "You look beautiful, by the way."

       Genesis smiled and gave me a lingering kiss. "Thank you. So, anyway, I was looking at the comments on the video I posted. So many people are being supportive of you, and they're telling you to take your time and don't pressure yourself."

       "That's good," I said with a small smile. "Thank you, again, for making the video."

       "No problem," she said. "That's not all. They all loved seeing you at the end of the video, being all goofy and, well, yourself. It definitely changed people's minds about you being selfish and conceited. Now, onto something else. Why aren't you changed yet?"

       "Because I'm a guy and it takes less than a minute for me to get changed," I said.

       "Well, get changed," she said.

       "It's kind of hard with you sitting on my lap," I said.

       Genesis gave me another smile and kissed my cheek before getting off my lap and sitting on the couch. I got up and walked to my closet and grabbed a dress shirt, then I went to my dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans.

       I got changed into the outfit before looking at Genesis. "Ready to go?" I asked.

       She nodded and turned off the TV before hopping off of the couch and walking over. "You look handsome," she said.

       I smiled at her. "Thank you."

       We walked out of my bedroom and headed down the stairs. We put on our shoes, then went outside to my car.

       I drove us to the school where the dance was and as soon as we got there, I sighed. "Don't tell me Cannon is the DJ," I muttered.

       "I think he is," Genesis said. "Apparently, he and Hunter do this for at least one dance per year because they went to this school."

       "Great," I said. "More Cannon."

       "I heard that," Cannon said, who was standing on the stage Genesis and I were standing by.

       "Good," I said.

       "Want to get some drinks?" Genesis asked. I nodded, so we went to the food table. I poured some punch for Genesis, then handed her the cup before pouring one for me.

       We didn't really go dance, because this was actually the first dance I was going to and I definitely did not feel comfortable dancing when people could be watching. Slow dancing with Genesis would be a different story.

       Genesis and I were sitting at the sides, our hands intertwined. "You know, we could have stayed at my house," I said. "This is boring."

       "I know," Genesis said. "I just wanted to go to our first dance as boyfriend and girlfriend."

       "That could have been prom," I pointed out.

       "Just enjoy the night," Genesis said. "And in fact...." She got off from the seat and pulled me up. "It's a slow song. Dance with me?"

       "But of course," I said with a smile, letting her lead me to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around my neck. "Genesis, thank you so much for being here for me. I don't know what I would do with out you. Well, I'd probably have a bunch of panic attacks like when you were with Chandler."

       "I'm really sorry," Genesis said. "I thought he was a sweet guy, but...." She looked down.

       "Hey," I said softly, gently lifting her chin up to look at me. "It's in the past. I'm sorry for bringing him up."

       "It's okay," she said. "Besides, at least I have you now. You are the best boyfriend I could ever ask for."

       "And you're the best girlfriend I could ever ask for," I said with a smile before leaning down to kiss her.

       And right before I did, the slow song changed into something else. "Sha la la la la la, my oh my, look like the boy too shy, he ain't gonna kiss the girl. Sha la la la la la, ain't that sad, it's such a shame, too bad, you gonna miss the girl."

       "Oops, sorry," Cannon said into the microphone. "I hit the wrong button. Continue being in love for you cute couples dancing."

       I sighed before looking at Genesis again. "So, where were we?"

       I leaned down to kiss her again, but Cannon decided to interrupt us. "Hey, Zander. Keep your lips to yourself, you li--"

       "Alright, I think Cannon is done being the DJ," Hunter said, gently pushing his best friend away and changing the song back to what it was.

       "I really don't like Cannon," I said.

       "He's not that bad," Genesis said. "After all, he did help me get out of my relationship."

       "Yeah, I guess," I said. "But he's annoying."

       "Just ignore him," Genesis said. "Now, I believe we were in the middle of something."

       I smiled before leaning down, pressing my lips on hers. I then pulled her into a hug. "I love you so much, Genesis."

       "I love you too, Zander," she said. "And no matter what, I'll always be here to help you."

________________

I HAD TO BRING BACK KISS THE GIRL. cx It's been in every book of the Fame series now, except for the first one because Cannon wasn't born yet. Cameron should have done it though....