Chapter 34

Chapter 34

       Today was the charity concert and even though the money was going towards something I well believed, I was a bit hesitant. It was going to be my first huge performance. There was going to be even more people than at the school talent show. A lot more eyes staring at me, judging me.

       And now, I was having a hard time breathing.

       "You okay, Zander," Genesis asked, gently placing her hand on my shoulder.

       I nodded. "Yeah, just...." I took a deep breath. "Worried, I guess. It's my first huge performance."

       "You performed on TV," she said.

       "Yeah, but I only had to focus on the people in the actual audience," I said. "This time, there are going to be a lot more people out there, watching me in person. A lot more eyes. A lot more people judging me...."

       "Zander, no one is going to judge you negatively," Genesis said. "So many people out there love your music. It is so inspirational. It's not just music. It's so much more than that. It makes everyone feel better, even if they listen to one second of the song."

       "How does that wo--"

       "I'm not done," she said.

       I smiled at her. "Trust me, that was more than enough. I'm still going to be nervous, so promise you'll be in the front row."

       "Of course," she said, smiling back before going on her tiptoes and pressing her lips softly on mine. She then wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. "I love you, Zander. You'll do great."

       "Thank you," I said. "And I love you too."

       There was a sudden scoff, so we pulled away to see Cannon standing there with a scowl. "I can't believe you, Genesis," Cannon said. "We had something special and you threw it away for him."

       "Do you ever stop this?" I asked. "One, you're married with a pregnant wife that will probably burst at any minute. And two, Genesis has a boyfriend."

       "Right, right," Cannon said. "The love of my life shall give birth to the fruit of our love. It could have been Hunter, but no. He just has to be straight."

       "Can you go a single day without bringing that up?" Hunter asked, standing nearby. "I'm sorry that I'm straight."

       "Sorry fixes nothing," Cannon said. "You broke my heart. You....you chose her over me."

       "Quit being melodramatic," Hunter said. "That was how many years ago? Seven?"

       "Seven years to many," Cannon said. "We could have had a good life."

       "That's it, I'm walking away," Hunter said. "I am not going to talk to you until the charity concert is over."

       "That's harsh," Cannon said as Hunter walked away. "Seriously, I'm his best friend and this is how he repays me?"

        "That's probably because you're the most annoying best friend someone could have," I said. "Even I'm not that annoying to Genesis."

       Cannon shrugged. "Well, I'm going to go bug Hunter again." 

       When he walked off, I rolled my eyes. "I'm glad I'm not that annoying," I said.

       "You kind of are," Genesis said.

       "You're so funny," I said sarcastically. 

       The charity concert officially started and with each passing performance, I was getting more and more nervous. I was getting closer to performing live in front of so many people.

       Genesis suddenly took my head and pulled me away from everyone. "Is there anything you want me to do?" she asked. "Anything that will calm your nerves?"

       I took a deep breath. "I'm not sure. I'll just have to get on stage and deal with it."

       "There has to be something you could do before you get on stage that will calm your nerves," she said. "Anything?"

       "Not really," I said. "No matter what, I'll just keep thinking about my performance. I promise I'll be fine. Just stand in the front row, with Max, and I'll be fine."

       Genesis smiled and pulled me into a hug. "You'll do amazing," she said.

       "Thank you," I said.

       It wasn't long before the charity concert was coming to an end, meaning my performance was coming to close the show.

       Then my name was announced. I could hear everyone cheering and I watched as Genesis made her way to the front of the crowd with Max beside her. I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage with my guitar, trying my best not to focus on the hundreds of people standing there.

       I took another deep breath before talking into the microphone. "Hi," I said. "I'm really happy to be performing at here at the charity concert, no matter how nervous I'm feeling. So....Here I go."

       I hesitated for a bit before strumming the guitar. In fact, I had to look at my little brother and my girlfriend before I started.

       I was still nervous when I started singing, but just like all my other performances, they slowly faded away. 

       When I finished, everyone applauded and cheered, which made me smile. I got off the stage and Genesis was there waiting already. She pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. "That was amazing," she said. "I told you you'd do great."

       "Thanks," I said. "I'm glad I'm starting to get used to performing."

__________________

Supergirl is taking to much of my time....Lol, it doesn't help that I'm watching the crossover with The Flash. When one of my sisters was living here, she recorded The Flash on the PVR so I watched it a few times. I need to start watching it again. cx Too bad it's not on Netflix....

I'm still loving the bromance between Hunter and Cannon lol. cx