Chapter 7

Chapter 7

       I did not want to go to school on Monday. Genesis's second date with Chandler went really well and I did not want to see them together at school.

       I pulled into the parking lot of the school and turned off my car. I stayed in the seat for a few moments, taking a few deep breaths before getting out of the car, locking it and heading to the school.

       I got to my and Genesis's locker and grabbed my stuff out before heading to my English class since the first bell rang. However, when I got in there, I couldn't believe it. 

       Chandler, who was in the same class, was sitting in my spot. It didn't even look like he was going to sit somewhere else because his notebook was already opened. Genesis wasn't even telling him to leave.

       Genesis saw me standing by the door and she just smiled at me before going back to talking to Chandler. 

       That was the only spot I could sit in without feeling like I was going to have a panic attack and Genesis knew that. She hasn't even been dating Chandler for a week and she was already forgetting about me. 

      I sat down at an empty spot, trying my best not to look hurt. I couldn't believe Genesis was just pushing me to the back now.

       When the second bell rang, Mrs. Rush began teaching whatever she was going over, but I couldn't pay attention. I was trying, but it wasn't working.

       Mrs. Rush handed everyone a worksheet to complete before the end of the day, but I couldn't do it. I had to get out of here before a panic attack came. I got up from my seat and asked Mrs. Rush if I could go to the nurse's office because I wasn't feeling well.

       When she gave me the okay to do so, I went back to the desk I was sitting at and grabbed my stuff before heading to the nurse's office. I knocked on the door and the school nurse, Adele, opened it. "Hi, Zander," she said. "Is everything okay?"

       "Kind of," I said in a quiet voice. "Is it okay if I stay here for a bit?"

       "Yeah, of course," she said, letting me come to the nurse's office. There were quite a few times where I felt like I couldn't be in a classroom, so Adele let me stay in the nurse's office until either the end of the day or I was ready to go back to class.

       I sat down on a chair in the room, dropping my bag on the ground.

       "So, what happened this time?" she asked.

       "Someone was sitting in the only seat I can sit in without feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack," I said. "So I had to sit somewhere else and it didn't work at all."

       "I see," she said. "Would you like to head home?"

       I shook my head. "I should be fine by lunch."

       "Okay, just stay in here as long as you want," she said before getting back to whatever it was she was doing.

       When the bell rang to end first period, I got a text message from Genesis, asking where I was. I didn't even answer her. I was too mad at her. She knew I couldn't sit near other people, yet she let Chandler sit in my spot, the only spot I could sit in.

       Genesis has witnessed my panic attacks quite a few times and she knew I was worried one would happen at school, yet obviously she didn't care now that she has someone else.

      Genesis tried texting me a few more times, and the final text she sent told me she was going to come down to the nurse's office to meet me because she knew I was here.