Tattoo

Scott was running through the woods at night as fast as he could. He jumped off into the trees until he landed in a small clearing. He was panting as he started to look around and squinted his eyes through the darkness. There was some rustling off in the distance and Scott tensed up. He tried to find the source but it seemed to be surrounding him. He couldn't find exactly where it was coming from. But there was a loud snap of a twig up ahead. He narrowed his eyes in that direction and was ready for what was coming but Scott's eyes widened as he turned to his left as something moved out of the brush. It collided with him before he could move against it. He landed on his back with a huff and his eyes shut in discomfort. He opened them to look up into the smiling face of Stiles.

"How long was that?" Scott grunted out.

Stiles looked over at his watch. "One minute and 52 seconds," he said. Scott groaned again. Stiles then went and helped him get to his feet. "Still a minute less than my time."

Scott have him a soft shove. "Yeah, rub it in," he said lowly but playfully.

The two of them had come up with a special exercise this summer where they go into the woods at night and have the other try to track them down. They thought it was something good to work on considering how many times they'd nearly been caught by people like Peter, Derek or the Hunters. Likewise, they thought it could come in handy if they ever needed to be the ones doing the catching. So far Stiles had gone the longest with avoiding being caught and taken down by Scott.

"Hey, I'm a natural remember?" Stiles said giving him a smug smile.

Scott rolled his eyes before he took a look up at the night sky. The moon was in plain view and it was nearly full. It had been almost four months since Gerard's defeat and Jackson being freed from being the Kanima. Scott and Stiles had found themselves feeling like their old selves again, friendship wise. The way they both handled becoming werewolves and the arrival of The Alpha, Argents and The Kanima had made quite a rift in their friendship. Scott had started to push Stiles away with his stubborn rejection of becoming werewolves and focus on his hunter ex-girlfriend Allison Argent. Stiles himself had started to push Scott away by embracing their new werewolf status in a way that Scott hadn't fully agreed with especially when it came to dealing with those that went against them. Scott had come to realize that a good deal of the fault might've lied with him. He had wanted to have a normal life but it was now impossible, and him dwelling on that grim fact didn't make his situation any better. It only helped to make things worse and boy did they get as worse as possible. He had let it all warp him into a terrible student, friend, son and all around selfish person. He didn't want to be that. They agreed that after everything they needed to start over, together.

And they had. The way they started was on the issue of Scott's grades, which suffered due to him neglecting his studies due to the drama and stress of their new lives. Scott saw the way that Stiles had managed to find a way to balance everything in their supernatural life and his school life and Stiles helped Scott learn to do that for himself. He helped Scott during his make-up studies in summer school and Scott found himself making improvements. Scott's mother had noticed the change and gave her full support behind what they were doing even if she was still lost on quite a few things. They also started to really knuckle down and hone in on areas of their shifts and abilities where they still had trouble, especially when it came to the full moon. They made quite a lot of progress. Their last full moon a month ago had gone over so well that they both didn't even have any loss of control, even for a moment.

Scott sighed. It had been a good summer and there was one thing still to do on their last night of it. "C'mon, we better go. I want to get there before they close." He then started to walk off and Stiles followed right after him.