The Girl Who Knew Too Much

A deputy was moving through the halls of Beacon Hills High School to see to a distress call. The halls were dark and quiet, or at least they were supposed to be before there was a sharp noise and the deputy turned around to find half a dozen kids starting to roam the halls.

"What are all of you kids doing here so late?" she asked them.

Danny was the one to answer. "Practice for the recital tomorrow," he explained. "Why? Is there something wrong?" He then noticed the gun ready in the deputy's hand. "There is something wrong, isn't there?"

"Someone made a 911 call. All of you need to leave now. If you see anyone else, tell them the same thing," she instructed them. Danny and the others then left leaving the deputy to resume her check of the school. She went to her radio. "Dispatch. This is Unit 10. Copy." But there was only static as the answer. "Dispatch, do you copy?" she tried again. She listened again and the static was now gone but there wasn't an answer from dispatch. Instead, there was some low toned chanting sounding from her radio. A sudden noise from behind made her jump and pull out her gun fully. She started to roam and found that the sound seem to come from the locker room. "This is Deputy Graham with the Sheriff's Department!" she called out. "Step out with your hands in the air!" But there was nothing but she could feel someone was there. "This is the Sheriff's Department. Come out now!" she said more forcefully. There was still silence as she lightly stepped further in.

She made her way to the shower and found that the water was running. She lightly stepped in and gasped as she saw a body of a girl leaning against the wall. She stepped back but was then grabbed from behind and had a cord wrap around her throat. From behind was a cloaked figure with a pale and disfigured face. The Darach, and the deputy was strangled even more fiercely until her breath gave out.

_________

Scott and Stiles were standing on one side of the metal table in the animal clinic, where there were a few papers and prints spread about. A few of them had images of wolf like creatures depicted on them. Deaton was on the other side of the table letting it all sink in. Stiles had been staring at all the pictures gobsmacked.

Scott tore his eyes away from a painted portrait of a giant wolf. "I still don't get it," he said shaking his head. "What exactly is Stiles?"

"Essentially a Beast is a werewolf that is capable of shapeshifting in a wolf form. However, instead of becoming a normal wolf like some other werewolves shift into, they could turn into a giant, bestial version of one. Perhaps twice or even three times normal size."

Both Scott and Stiles suddenly had a flash of when they fought against Peter when he was an Alpha. The monstrous beast form that he had when he was terrorizing the town and tried to kill them with.

"Wait...are you saying that I'm going to become some giant monster, like Peter?" Stiles quickly asked him.

Deaton calmly caught his eye and shook his head. "No, not quite. The form that Peter assumed was merely a representation of his madness. One that a feral and rage driven Alpha could take but he wasn't an actual beast. Think of his transformation as more of an imitation."

"You mean, like a knock off?" he asked him.

Deaton softly nodded. "In a sense. What you seem to be changing into is the purest version. It's actually what the entire werewolf legend was based upon. What most popular and basic werewolf lore had come from. They are the strongest class of werewolves to be known. Most conventional weaknesses and vulnerabilities that werewolves have seem less effective or even non-existent for a Beast."

"You mean like when I broke the Mountain Ash line?" said Stiles recalling the what happened the night of the Rave.

"And you having a stronger resistance to the wolfsbane back at Glen Capri," Scott added.