Currents part 2

Stiles had taken Lydia and Cora into the empty chemistry classroom and began work into trying to tap into whatever it is that made Lydia seek out and find people who were dead or in danger. Needless to say, he was winging it here.

"Alright, Deaton was taken and Ms. Morrell thinks that you're our best bet and finding out where he is. Since we don't know exactly how, we're going to try a few things." Stiles then went and slammed the first object onto the table in front of them.

Lydia narrowed her eyes at it. "A ouija board?"

"Also called a spirit board, and it's worth a shot."

"A shot in the dark," Lydia mumbled.

"Would you just try it, please?" Stiles nearly spat at her. "Let's not forget who this if for. Scott's boss. You know, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion."

"Okay, wait, should we all do this?" Cora asked him.

Stiles thought it couldn't hurt. Three sacrifices, three people. It might just better their chances. "Yeah. Yeah, we should." Stiles, Lydia and Cora then moved their hands over the spirit needle. "You guys ready?" he asked them.

"Yeah," both Lydia and Cora said to him.

Stiles settled himself down and focused his vision and attention on the board. "Where's Dr. Deaton?" he lightly asked. He then looked over at Lydia and so did Cora.

Lydia lifted her head and noticed what they were doing. "What?"

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Stiles said.

"Oh, I don't know the answer. I thought we were asking some sort of spirit."

Stiles eyes shot up before he looked over at Cora who leaned in closer to Lydia.

"Well, do you know any spirits?" she asked her.

Lydia stared at her for a second before looking back at Stiles. "Is she for real?"

Stiles took his hand off the needle and furiously ran it over his lips. "You know what...let's try something else." He then put the board away and tried another approach. "Okay," he said before he pulled out a key ring. "These are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called Psychometry."

"I'm not a psychic," Lydia tried to point out.

"You're something! Okay?" he roared at her. Stiles was so not appreciating the lack of cooperation from Lydia right now. "Just, Lydia, put out your hand and take the keys."

Lydia huffed out shortly at him but held out her palm nonetheless. Stiles then slowly dropped them into them. "Hmm," Lydia flinched as he did.

"What?" he said to her quickly.

"They're cold," she said.

"She's supposed to be our best chance to find Deaton?" Cora asked him bemused.

Stiles' jaw tightened but he quickly pushed his anger away. "Lydia, concentrate, please?" he asked her roughly. "Trying to save lives here for the love of God." Lydia then took the keys and closed her eyes as she began to concentrate. Stiles and Cora leaned in to watch her more closely as she lightly breathed...until her eyes started to crunch up. Stiles almost jumped at her change of expression. "Yeah, what is it? What do you see?"

Lydia slowly opened her eyes. She waved her closed hand around and shrugged. "Nothing," she finally said.

Cora rolled her eyes and looked over at Stiles who shared in her annoyance at this. Stiles blew at his hair hard before he went and pulled out a pencil. "Okay, new plan."