Fireflies

Lydia found herself getting dressed before leaving her home, and she didn't know why. She just knew that she could stay there right now. Her mind went a mile a minute but her body seemed to be on autopilot. She just looked up at the moon and muttered 'Lunatic' before she left her house. She didn't know where she was going but at the same moment she knew she was heading the right way. It didn't make any sense.

________

The full moon was shining high above the woods as a little boy in them was gazing at the fireflies flying about. He was trying to catch some in a jar with his sister.

"Got one," he said as he scooped one up.

His sister came over and shook her head. "What are you doing dumbass? You're supposed to put holes in the lid. Otherwise you'll kill them."

The boy just kept looking at it. "Do I have to let them go?"

"Unless you want them to die. You want him to die?" Her brother shook his head.

The girl then noticed more fireflies ahead and went over to play with them as her brother tried to catch another firefly close by. But as he tried to catch it he missed and the first one he caught escaped. He angrily looked ahead and noticed a dark shape up ahead. There was growling and he screamed at the sight of a shifted Boyd who was baring down on him. The boy ran for his sister and they ran off to put as much distance between them and the werewolf as possible. They came to a small shed and quickly got in and locked themselves in. They huddled together as they could hear the hard growling and scratching just outside. The walls were pounded on and then lifted up as Boyd went and threw the shed's walls away. The girl dropped her jar of fireflies and they started to buzz off at Boyd. He started to flail his arms and tried to get them away and then looked back to see the two of them were gone.

Over in another part of the woods, Derek got a call. "You lost them?"

"Yeah, I kind of had to," said Scott.

"Wasn't exactly the plan."

"I know, which is why I think we have to stick together. Okay, he's too fast, too strong and way too angry for any of us to handle alone."

"Okay, I already sent a call to both Isaac and Stiles. Stiles is by the west side of the woods and I'm at the trails by the entrance of the preserve, can you meet me here?"

"Yeah," said Scott. "Just got to drop something off first," he said before he looked at the two kids he helped pull out of Boyd's reach.

________

Stiles had got a call from Derek when he was halfway to the bank in his Jeep. He gave him the cliffnotes version of what happened and assured him that Scott was okay. Stiles pulled up to the woods and set about trying to catch any sign of Boyd and Derek's apparently not dead sister Cora. He looked up at the full moon's light and grit his teeth. They had to find them and fast before they went off and ripped some non-suspecting person to shreds. He took a deep breath and let his whole body be calm. His abilities and senses would be stronger tonight and he had to use them to find those two. He listened to the sounds of the trees flapping in the wind and smelled the greenery of the plant life. However, his nose twitched when he smelled something else. Fresh blood. A lot of blood. He quickly took off on foot and ran to get to the source and it brought him to the public pool close to the woods. The blood's scent was coming from here. He stopped when he heard a heartbeat close by and it was pumping quite fast.

"Please, don't be dead," he heard. "Don't be dead." Stiles' eyes widened at the voice.

Lydia had come to this place, the public pool and didn't know why. She found herself moving around back until she came to the pool area. She went in and moved over for the water and gasped as she noticed a dark shape in the water, a human looking shape and it was face down. She let out panicked tears as she went to turn it around and saw that it was just a dummy. She let loose a sigh of relief until a hand reached out and she gasped.