Chapter 18: Smile For Me

*Andre's Point-of-View*

The sunlight gleamed through the window as I opened my eyes. It's nearly been a week since that day where everything really hit the fan. I turned over on my side away from the window and just sighed. Dmitri hasn't spoken to me since that day and it's like we're right back at square one. But now it's getting old especially since Quinton pointed out that I deserve better. Speaking of Quinton, I had given him his space as he figured everything out but he texted me last night asking to come over today after he got off work. That made me feel better especially since I have been lonely. With all the time I have had, I decided to preoccupy myself looking into internships and that can help get more experience under my psychology degree and actually found a place I'll start at on Monday.

After a few minutes of just lying in bed, I decided to get up and get ready for when Quinton gets here. I'm not entirely sure where exactly Quinton and I stand, but he hasn't mentioned the feelings he has for me since the day we were at the park. But I have in fact been thinking about actually considering Quinton to try a relationship with. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower and pull my shirt over my head. Before I got in the shower, I decided to check my phone to see if Dmitri had messaged me back but he had not.

"Of course not..." I say under my breath before setting my phone down on the sink and sliding my boxers off. I climb into the shower and just let the steaming water hit my body. Things really have been starting to annoy me with Dmitri, since now I was only trying to call him to be able to talk to him about these games we're playing. Honestly, this summer has opened my eyes to seeing that I was lacking the self-respect otherwise I wouldn't have subjected myself to these mind games. Shows how much I use the psychology degree I worked for.

Quinton came to my mind again and I smiled. Just last week, I never even would have thought that someone as amazing as Quinton would be interested in me. I mean, he has been by my side since the breakup with Keith and even tried to coach me to getting Dmitri despite his own feelings. He's been down to earth and always make sure I'm alright. It really makes me feel like an awful person that I even subjected Quinton to be a part of my childish games. I shake my thoughts and finish getting washed up. It was only 11am now and I knew I had ample of time before Quinton would be off work, so I decided to start cooking me some breakfast.

///////////////////////////////////////////

I had killed some time by doing some studying after I finished eating, reading up on some of my theories and terms from my undergrad psychology portfolio. It wasn't the most fun or interesting things to do, but I did need to make sure my mind was fresh and ready for the assessment my internship wanted me to take when I got there. Not only that, they want to make sure I am definitely ready to start logging hours towards my certification as a therapist, so I was really taking this seriously. I was pulled from my concentration however when there was a knock at the front door.

I threw on a tank since I hadn't got fully dressed after my shower and walked to the front door. I peeked out the window and saw Quinton standing outside. He was definitely here early unless I lost track of time.

"Hey! I wasn't even expecting you this early." I say opening the door. Quinton smiles his small smile and it makes me happy to see him do that. Last thing I wanted was for him to be acting awkward.

"Yeah, I know. I left early because I just wanted to come see you and talk to you." He responds, stepping into the house. We go and sit on the sofa and he takes a deep breath.

"You had time to figure everything out?" I ask him slowly.

"Yeah. I really did some soul searchin'...even talked to one of my frat bruhs." Quinton replied, leaning into the couch and looking up to the ceiling. I waited a moment for him to start explaining everything. It was making me a little nervous because I didn't know if me and his friendship would end or grow into something else.