Chapter 11: Let's Play a Little Game

*Dmitri’s Point-of-View*

            My eyes darted from my phone to Brooke quickly. She was staring at me with a confused look on her face and I know she was wondering why I looked so alarmed.

“Oh my fucking God!” I almost yelled, continuing to scroll through all the texts between me and Andre.

“Dmitri, are you still spazzing off the liquor?” Brooke asked, stepping closer towards me.

“No! I’m mad at the texts I was sending Andre!” I replied, showing Brooke my phone. Her dumb little smirk came across her face and I just wanted to strangle her.

“Oh my God! Look at all the stuff you said to him! You even said you missed him.” Brooke exclaimed, smiling.

“Bitch this isn’t funny! I look so desperate in these texts! Saying all this sappy shit!” I said highly annoyed.

“You said how you really were feeling. You realize alcohol helps you say what you really want to say when you’re sober, right?” She mentioned, putting her hand on my shoulder.

“Yes I knew that Bee. I’m an alcoholic, not a retard. But not once have I ever just said some shit like that when I was drunk.” I spat. Brooke rolled her eyes and started rubbing my shoulder, calming me a little.

“Clearly, Andre brings out another side in you.” She smoothly replied to me.

“This is not OK.” I muttered, just wanting to chuck my phone against a wall, but I paid too much money for this thing to do that.

“Just tell him you were drunk?” Brooke said more like a question.

“I guess I will, though it does not excuse the things I was saying. For me to tell him I was thinking about him and wanting him…to tell him I missed him…what have I become?” I asked weakly. Brooke cupped my face in her hands and forced me to look her in the eyes.

“Honey, stop being a bitch about this, OK? Own up to the fact that you just might have feelings for this guy. Stop trying to act like he was just another sex object for you. You and I both know that you aren’t as heartless as you present yourself to be. Get a freakin’ grip!” She said in a serious tone. I closed my eyes at her words and felt myself frown. If this was anyone else, I’d probably start cussing them out, but this was Brooke.

“Brooke…I’m just not going to feed into this.” I said slowly, removing her hands from my face. It was rare when I called her Brooke; usually only when I was starting to get pissed off with her. She stared at me for a moment before just stepping back and letting out a sigh.

“OK Dmitri.” Brooke simply said, walking out the bathroom. I palmed my face, not even wanting to look at my phone again. I sat my phone on the sink and slipped out of the damp shorts I had on thanks to Brooke. Once my shit was dry, I was gonna be out that door.

*Andre’s Point-of-View*

            I was shocked at all the messages that Dmitri had been sending to me. He was saying stuff like he had been thinking about us, thinking about yesterday, and said he missed me. My face was lit up and I couldn’t help but show Quinton as we left Coldstone.

“I wonder why the sudden change.” Quinton said with a raised brow as he read the texts between Dmitri and I.

“I have no freaking idea but I won’t complain. It is a little shocking though.” I replied.

“You still need to remember that plan though. Don’t give up nothin’ to that dude yet. Make him work for it.” He said in a serious tone. I nodded smiling, just staring at the message that said he missed me. I had texted him back saying I missed him too, but got nothing after that. Quinton and I got into his car and he looked over at me.