Chapter 5: Along Came Quinton

Here I am guys, bringing you a new chapter of No Love Needed. I am trying to make sure I keep updating frequently! Enjoy the chapter. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Andre’s Point-of-View*

            All I could think about was what happened that night with Dmitri. It had been a couple days and of course I hadn’t seen or even heard from him. When I think about it, it’s not like we exchanged numbers or anything. Or at least I don’t think so. Some memories of that night were fuzzy, since I was pretty drunk. But I remembered that next morning, clear as day. The things Dmitri were saying was pretty harsh. Like he had no filter at all and it had me taken back. But I couldn’t help but wonder why. Why was he so against the idea of getting to know someone new? Why wouldn’t he give me a chance? I mean, I’m not talking about just falling in love and all that. If that happens, it happens. I’m pretty sure he has been hurt before and this is why he is the way he is. I’ve had my share of heart breaks, yet it’s like I still have hopes of falling in love. If only money wasn’t a factor…

            I sip my coffee as I continue thinking about everything. Honestly, I was over my break up from a few days ago. I mean, we had only dated 3 months. It’s not like that was such a long time. I shrug off the thoughts, looking out my kitchen window. I could see a few people leaving out for work and starting their days. The sun was beaming down and it was definitely another hot summer day. I sat my coffee down, taking in the silence in my home. It sucked living alone sometimes since it got pretty boring. I decided that I wouldn’t sit in the house all day today, so I got dressed and headed out. To where I was going, I wasn’t sure. But I just drove and drove. Eventually, I realized I was in the area of Fairlane Mall after driving for a long time. Going to the mall where my break up was? Sure, why not?

            I parked my car and got out, walking casually into the mall. It actually seemed tedious to me even being here, since I wasn’t really looking to buy anything. I headed over to Foot Locker and just peeked in the store. The cashier who had helped me and my ex was there. I remembered his name was Quinton. He didn’t seem to notice me though, as he stood at the counter looking bored. I decided to walk in and browse, just to see if he’d remember me.

“Welcome to Foot Locker. Let me know if you need help finding anything.” Quinton said, glancing at me.

“Just looking.” I replied, looking away. I don’t think he remembered me, or if he did, he just wasn’t engaging in a conversation. It had to have been about 5 minutes of me just looking around before I could feel someone staring at me. I looked up to see Quinton staring, as if he was trying to make out who I was.

“I’m sorry, you just look familiar. You were the guy in here the other day with ole dude?” Quinton asked, now sitting on the counter. I nodded slowly, smiling a little.

“Me and that guy aren’t together anymore.” I said simply.

“Oh wow. Really? Can’t believe he’d leave a dude like you...” He said, seeming to trail off. I didn’t really take the compliment. But I could tell he was flirting a bit.

“Well, I actually left him. He just wasn’t in it for the right reasons.” I said with a shrug. It saddened me a little thinking about it though. I tend to put way too much emotion into people who won’t do the same.

“Huh. I guess that would make sense. But I’m sorry to hear that.” Quinton replied hopping down from the counter. “Want to hang out when I get off work?” He asked. I raised an eyebrow, not sure how to respond to this. Was he trying to make a move on me?