Chapter 7: Technically Not a Date

Hey guys, here's another chapter. I hope you enjoy it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Andre’s Point-of-View*

            “Wait.” I heard Dmitri call, surprising Quinton and I. I turned around and stared as Dmitri walked closer to us. What could he possibly have to say now? Did he want to say more hurtful things without any regard to my feelings? I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect.

“Yes?” I said. Dmitri sucked on his bottom lip for a minute before saying anything. It was really sexy.

“I’m sorry Andre…there’s really no reason I should just be going off on you like this.” Dmitri calmly said, looking at me and to Quinton. I was surprised at this. Was he really apologizing?

“I shouldn’t have tried to push anything on you. So for that, I’m sorry.” I replied, smiling a little. Dmitri looked off to the side, sucking on his bottom lip again. Man, it was really just too sexy when he did that. Quinton was still standing by my side, looking between Dmitri and I.

“Look, I am still very tired. I worked last night and was up all day. Didn’t really get to sleep…” Dmitri said, seeming to trail off. I knew in other words, he had been with someone all night with some guy. It was really disappointing thinking about it, but I have to remember that me and him aren’t even anything. I barely know the guy.

“Well, I guess if that’s it…” I started saying, getting ready to say my goodbye to him. But then Dmitri held his hand out with the palm up. I wasn’t sure what was going on.

“Your phone.” He said, rolling his eyes. Oh my god! Was he saving his number in my phone? I looked at Quinton who shrugged and nodded in Dmitri’s direction. I pulled my phone out and unlocked it, finally handing it to him. Dmitri saved his number in my phone then called it. I could then hear his phone ring and he handed me back my phone once he hung up the line.

“Look, I don’t want you to get your hopes up, but I’ll at least try to stay in contact with you. But I’m about to head home to…you know…catch some z’s.” Dmitri said, clearly seeming uneasy. I simply nodded, staring at his number in my phone. There was a big ass smile on my face as Dmitri disappeared into the distance.

“You happy?” Quinton chuckled out.

“Yes, I really am.” I said, letting out a breath. I then threw my arms around Quinton, hugging him tightly. “And thank you for helping me talk to him by being here for me.” I added, smiling.

“Oh. Haha. Uh it’s no problem, Andre.” Quinton replied, laughing a bit. I felt like I might’ve made him uncomfortable so I let him go.

“I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable.” I apologized. Quinton looked around and shook his head.

“You’re fine. I don’t feel uncomfortable at all. You could never make me feel that way.” He answered, rubbing the side of his neck and smiling. I couldn’t help but blush and smile. We were both silent for a while.

“Let head to somewhere and eat. I’m kinda starvin’.” Quinton finally said, breaking the silence. I nodded, and we made our move to a nice little place downtown, where we just talked a bit and enjoyed the rest of the night.

            I rolled over in my bed, looking at the clock. It was a little after 10am, so I got up out of bed and headed to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. Yesterday was pretty nice, and only got better when Dmitri gave me his number. I wasn’t sure when I would call or text him, because honestly I was still scared to it. What if I call him and he cuss me out? I mean, it’s possible right? I shook away my thoughts and finished brushing my teeth, before heading to the kitchen to fix myself breakfast. But then my phone rang. I looked at the screen to see that it was my mother calling. I quickly put the skillet down and rushed to the phone.