Chapter 9: Sexual Tension

Hey guys, here is another chapter for you. I have also dedicated this chapter to one of my amazing readers, SupHomie. His comment in the last chapter really helped me come up with a devious new plan for the story. So thank you! Enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Andre’s Point-of-View*

            I felt so ecstatic about yesterday and being able to hang out with Dmitri, even though it did have its low points. But it was still a pretty nice day and I felt progress was made between us. One thing I had shocked myself with was the kiss and everything else that followed. I had actually initiated the sex and it felt good doing it and had it not been for Dmitri’s cousin and her boyfriend, I would’ve rocked his world. But also, I had to thank the interruption, because once Dmitri walked out the room, I had time to think about what it was I was actually doing. I know I have feelings for him, and though I know he might have some type of feelings for me, he would not admit it. Sex is his game and if I give it to him, it doesn’t exactly benefit me.

            As someone who majored in psychology in undergrad school, I tend to try and read people and get into their thoughts. Just from spending the day with Dmitri, I already picked up a few things about him that I’m trying to break down. If it’s not evident, Dmitri had to have gone through some type of trauma that would make him the “player” he is today. He’s clearly scared to open up to someone because he feels they can use it to hurt him in the future. This would only mean that he’s experienced the hurt before…but how often, I can’t be too sure.

            I’m pulled from my thoughts as I hear someone knocking at my door. I finish up putting some of the things I learned into my notes and then I set my iPad down, quickly getting up from my sofa. I look through the peephole and there stands Quinton. It surprised me because usually he would’ve called when he was nearby. I open the door and Quinton gives a little smile.

“What’s up, Andre?” He says.

“Hey Quinton, I’m surprised you didn’t call like you normally do. I wasn’t even expecting you today.” I reply, letting Quinton step inside. I wasn’t even properly dressed, as I only wore some pajama pants.

“I know, I know. My bad, it’s just that I really wanted to just hang out, ya know? Plus my phone is dead. I think I left my charger at work.” Quinton explains, staring at me.

“Oh OK. Well, let me at least put a shirt on.” I say, closing the front door.

“Nah, you good.” He insists, taking a seat on the sofa and patting the spot next to him. I don’t think much of it and just sits down.

“So what brings you here this early?” I ask.

“Well, since I’m off today, I decided I’d come through. I wanted to tell you how my date went and all that.” Quinton answers.

“Oh OK, well I have to tell you something too, but you go first.” I urge, leaning back into the sofa.

“Well, me and the girl went out to eat. She was real cute and real nice. We were enjoying the food and all that jazz. After that, we drove around downtown for a minute, just talking. Then after a while she wanted me to take her home.” Quinton then pauses. I just stare at him.

“Y’all had sex?” I chuckle out asking. He shakes his head.

“I mean, it could have happened, but this is where the date kinda took a left turn.” Quinton says looking down. I raise my eyebrows.

“What went wrong?”

“So I take her home and we’re standing on her porch. I kiss her and she tells me to come inside. Now you never would guess how it could’ve turned bad.” He stops again.