Chapter 4

"Mum!" Ron shouted through the house. I groaned and turned over in my bed that was in Ginny's room. "Harry said that he can come!"

"I know that Ron. Ginny gave me the letter first before bringing it to you," she yelled back up.

"Late, we're late!" Arthur exclaimed. "Kids, if you want to get Harry with me then hurry down. It's half past five!"

A loud knocking was heard at the door. "Cate, we don't want to be late!" The twins chorused through the door.

"Very funny guys. Rhyming my name," I said. There was laughter outside the door. "Give me a minute."

"1, 2, 3. . ." They kept counting. I squeaked and jumped out of bed. The twins would come in when a minute is up.

I slipped on a dark denim jeans and a navy colored long sleeve shirt. Lastly I put on my dark lace-up combat boots. Nymphadora, who I learned to call Tonks, gave me some of her old clothing. It was extremely generous and I'm only a few sizes smaller than her.

"100!" The twins declared and barged into Ginny and I's room.

"So you gave me an extra 40 seconds," I mentioned as I exited the room. "A minute is 60 seconds."

"We know. Just wanted to test you. Mum also told us not to barge in so we gave you till 100 seconds," Fred said. I laughed and jogged down the stairs, the twins steps behind me.

"Hello, you must be Catherine," a girl's voice said to my right. I jumped and hid behind Fred and George. It sounded similar to another girl's voice that was in the cell across from me for a few days before she was . . . was k-killed.

"Cate," a soft voice spoke. I looked up and saw George facing me. Fred was telling that girl to stay back. "Her name is Hermione. We should have told you she was coming. I forgot to tell you that she had arrived yesterday after dinner. Hermione is coming to the World Cup with us. She is Ron and Harry's best friend. Do you remember Fred telling you about Harry?" I nodded and held his hand with my own. He gave my hand a light squeeze and I looked over his shoulder ot see that Hermione girl looking at me curiously.

"C-Catherine Kn-Knight," I stuttered. She smiled at me and I looked her over once more. She had bushy brown hair that seemed to be slightly controlled. Her teeth were slightly beaver-like but overall she seemed to not show any harm towards me.

"Hermione Granger, friend of the family. Have you seen Ron yet?" I nodded and pointed up the stairs.

"Ronald Weasley!" The twins yelled in sync. I laughed as he came barreling down the stairs.

"OI! I'm here. No need to bloody yell," he hissed at the twins. Molly smacked his shoulder.

"Watch your language!" She scolded. I quietly laughed with the twins.

"Come on all, whoever wants to get Harry. Hermione, dear, are you going to stay here?" Arthur asked her. She nodded and settled on the couch in front of the fireplace in the living room.

"Arthur, I'll stay here too," he looked unsure about my decision. "Molly is here and Tonks is just a Patronus away."

"She's fine here, Arthur," mentioned Molly from the kitchen.

"Come on, Cate," whined George which caused me to giggle. "You'll go with me. It's completely safe!"

"I have no doubt that stepping into flames only to be swallowed up by them is safe," I sighed and stepped towards George, knowing this was a lost battle.