Chapter 7

"Molly," I sighed. Bill, Charlie, and Percy weren't even leaving for a few hours. Percy was still asleep and the other two only came to get me because they had woken up and were bored.

"Don't even speak to me, Catherine Eliane Knight. You left the house without my permission. You don't know what using a Portkey would do with you. It could kill you!" Molly exclaimed.

"I was fine using the Floo Network! I'm obviously okay Apparating," I groaned. "Molly, please, I was fine."

"But we still don't know!" Molly said.

"You didn't know that I was a Muggle when Tonks brought me here by Apparition. I'm alive, not dead, and I'm guessing that's not where I got the . . . you know . . . powers," I whispered the last part.

"I want you to meet Dumbledore when you come back from the World Cup. He's a brilliant man who can help figure out how you got your . . . ummm . . . powers," said Molly. I nodded and looked to Bill who was coming downstairs.

"We're heading out in an hour. You may want a thicker sweater for the game. It could go on for days. A hat, scarf, and a pair of gloves would be good too," said Bill. I nodded with a smile and he smiled back.

"I believe I could help with that stuff," a voice spoke from the doorway of the Burrow.

"Tonks!" I exclaimed. She laughed and came forward, sweeping me into her arms.

"Hey, girlie. I heard you needed some stuff for the World Cup. Lucky duck, wish I could go too," she grumbled. "But, never mind that. I have some gloves, hats, scarves, thicker coats that you could wear in winter. I assure you that you will need it during winter and later fall."

She pulled a pair of black leather gloves and some other colored gloves too. "This is dragon hide. It'll protect your hands from the cold and the heat of dragon fire. Charlie can tel you more about them later. I just have many different colors," she spoke. I smiled and reached for the dark brown/black gloves that would go with nearly anything.

"Then some hats. They're made of thick wool. Just normal sheep wool. Except they are charmed to change to any color the wearer wishes. Scarves. Do you want to match your gloves?" Tonks asked. I took a color changing hat and then the scarf that matched my gloves.

"Thank you, Tonks," I told her. She smiled and pulled a thick pea coat out of her small bag.

"Extension charm. I use it to store nearly everything. Here is an old coat of mine. Molly can help you resize it if needed," she helped me put it on. It was a dark grey, almost black, and looked good with the hat, gloves, and scarf. "You should be set."

"Nymphadora Tonks, you are one of the greatest people I've ever met," I told her. She smiled and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm doing this because you didn't have any place to go. Molly and Arthur took you in because I couldn't. You are like a sister to me and that's why I wanted to see if you would move in with me? I got a bigger flat in London and decided that I now have the space it would be a good time to ask-" Bill came up besides me, my duffel in his hand, and took my hand.

"Sorry, Tonks," said Bill. "We have to be going now."

We Apparated and appeared in a forest. A few hundred meters in front of Bill and I the trees thinned out and stopped, giving a way out. "Bill," I sighed. "I'll have to give Tonks an answer at some point. I'm scared that she'll be crushed if I don't move in with her."

"Let's not focus on that now. Time to show you an actual game of Quidditch. You've gotten pretty good at it though. A Keeper, just like Charlie. I know you're a little intimidated but you'll get used to it," said Bill. He smiled and patted me on the back. I took my duffel from him and slung it over my shoulder.