Chapter 10

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," said Dad implored Fred and George as we all made our way slowly down the purple-carpeted stairs. 

     "Don't worry, Dad," said Fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

     Dad looked for a moment as if he was going to ask what those plans were, but thought better and didn't. 

     Crowds, oh how I hate crowds and that was no exception to the large, rambunctious crowds at the Quidditch World Cup. Leprechauns shot overhead as we followed the lanterns back to our two tents. When we reached our tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all and Dad agreed to have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in. Everybody forgot about sleeping until Ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that Dad called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone go to bed. 

     He brought a cot over from Hermione and Ginny's tent for me to sleep next to Fred and George. The top bunk was Fred's so I slept with my bed on the ground next to George on the lower bunk. 

     We could still hear much singing and the odd echoing bang from the other side of the campsite. "Oh I am glad I'm not on duty," muttered Dad sleepily. "I wouldn't fancy having to go and tell the Irish they've got to stop celebrating." 

     I looked up at the canvas ceiling of the tent. Sleep not coming fast enough, I stood up and went into the living area that was separate from the sleeping areas. A lone can was on the table so I thought I'd work on my powers. Dad did days not to use my powers outside of the Burrow but I can't sleep and I have nothing else better to do. 

     Holding my hand towards the can, palm outwards, I thought of the warmth filling my body and the tendrils of light appearing and taking the can in it's grasp. It wasn't working so I closed my eyes and really thought about the can. 

     Suddenly, the familiar warmth filled my body and I opened my eyes to find the can in the grasp of the tendrils of my power. But now, the tendrils were a light blue, like the color of the dress I wore on my fifth birthday. Wait, fifth birthday? Yeah, I wore a pale blue dress with a matching bow. 

     "Carrie!" someone squealed. I whipped around to see a boy about the same size as me running towards myself. But five year old me jumped out of the way and giggled uncontrollably. 

     "You've got to be faster than that, Xavier!" I giggled as I sprinted out of the room and into the kitchen. "Daddy, help!" Xavier . . . I know that name from somewhere . . . the boy! The one who tried to kidnap me!

     A man with dark brown hair laughed and picked me up as I was in distance of him. "Oh no, is my baby girl being chased by the big bad Xavier?" my father asked with a knowing smirk on his face. 

     "Yes!" I exclaimed. 

     "Quickly," my father put me down. "find your Aunt Molly! She'll protect you!" I screamed in happiness and took off back in the direction of the living room. 

     Memories came back to me, but only till I was five so there weren't very many. I knew Aunt Molly wasn't my real aunt and neither was my Uncle Arthur but they were like family. My parents grew up with them so in turn I had grown up with their children. I played the most with Fred and George whom I called Freddie and Georgie. They pretended to hate it but little me kept calling them that. 

     Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur? It must be Dad and Molly. Fred and George, I've known them since birth. They're my best friends. 

    "Aunt Molly!" she laughed and bent down to pick me up as she saw me coming. Molly looked a lot younger than now. But at this time she would have only had Fred, George, Charlie, Bill, and Percy. Geeze, Ron and Ginny aged her a lot.