Chapter 21

George felt his world stop as the dismembered wall hit the floor. "CATE!" He bellowed.

     Fred and Percy let go of their brother as he sprinted to the pile of stones. Ron slid to the floor, though he was silent, tears fell down his cheeks. Hermione turned away from the scene and Harry stood frozen.

     "Where is she?!" George yelled as he dug through the stones like a madman. It seemed that he forgot about his wand. Fred came to his senses and pulled out his wand to help his brother. The stones were extremely heavy and the men were unfocused as they just saw Catherine get a wall dropped on her.

     As the stones were were pulled off the pile, George found that tears were streaking down his dust covered cheeks. "Come on, Cate . . . You have to be alive," he whispered as he worked like he had never had to do before.

     What felt like years later, George looked around and found that Ron, Harry, and Hermione had disappeared. Yet Percy and Fred defended George as Death Eaters found them. They knew what their brother had to do to go on.

     George pulled off a rather heavy stone and found Catherine's left hand with her engagement ring. He felt her hand for a pulse and a sob escaped his throat as he found a weak pulse. "F-Fred! P-Percy!" The red head yelled for his brothers. They turned and found him pulling the stones off at an accelerated rate.

     Fred caught a glimpse of the blonde Muggle's hand and shot multiple spells at the Death Eaters. They disappeared in columns of black smoke. Percy and Fred began helping George in the effort to find Catherine.

     Soon, they pulled her body out of what was left of a wall and found that a shield thinly covered her body. It disappeared as soon as George touched her face. "Cate?" George called out to her. There was no response.

     Her skin was pale and clammy and blood ran down to her right hand from a wound hidden under her jacket. George quickly took Catherine's jacket off and the three brothers were horrified at the sight of Catherine's bloody and shattered shoulder. More extensive injuries were evident as bruises covered the skin of her exposed arms, neck, and face. Blood emitted from a deep cut on her scalp and the blood caused her hair to become matted and  a deep red from the dripping blood.

     "Find Mum," Percy advised.

     George pulled Catherine into his arms and stood up. Percy's head whipped towards the end of the hallway where a Death Eater named Rookwood was chasing a group of students. "ROOKWOOD!" Percy roared.

     Death Eaters appeared at the sound of Percy's roar. Fred cursed and shielded George and Catherine from the fired spells. "Hurry!" Fred yelled. George took off and looked back to see Fred following him.

     The twins hid behind a large statue as Death Eaters ran past them. Catherine seemed to be slipping away as her pulse became even less detectable.

     A hand grabbed Fred and he found a wand in the side of his neck. "Who are you?" Hissed a voice. George illuminated the small space and breathed a sigh of relief.

     "Ginny!" George exclaimed. His sister pulled her wand away from Fred's neck and hugged her brother. Then she noticed Catherine in George's arms after he turned around.

     "C-Cate - " her voice broke. Ginny's eyes widened. "Let me see her stomach!" The redhead girl pulled her brothers and Catherine into a small, hidden room.

     George placed Catherine on the ground and Ginny sent off her patronus of a horse. "Mum should be coming," Ginny's voice wavered. "I sent for her."

     Ginny pulled Catherine's shirt up to find her stomach bathed in glowing white light. Catherine was using her power to protect her unborn child. "Her body and powers know . . ." Ginny whispered to herself.