Chapter 11

The first thing I felt was a searing pain in my torso. "Molly, can you give her some more of that pain potion? She's wincing again," it was Tonks.

"Of course, dear. Don't you have to go to work? They'll need you after the incident at the World Cup," said Molly. Tonks sighed and I felt cool lips on my forehead.

"Please wake up, Cate. Fred and George miss you as do I. Bu the family missed you too and George is doing terrible without you. He barely leaves you side except to use the bathroom and shower. When he does eat, he eats next to you and sleeps on a cot that Molly and Arthur brought down here," whispered Tonks. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. My body wasn't ready for me to wake up yet.

"Bye, Molly," said Tonks. "I'll be back tomorrow before work, again," then there was a pop as she Disapparated.

"Oh, Cate," worried Molly as she put a wet washcloth on my forehead. "George truly is doing the worst out of all of us. What Tonks said was true, he misses you and even Fred can't bring a smile to his face. He won't admit it nor does he even truly know himself, but he needs you. You became his everything when he thought he already had everything. Sometimes you make choices in life and then sometimes choices make you," said Molly.

I wanted to talk, to scream, anything to let Molly know I could hear her. To tell her that I feel that same about George. I realize now that dying is easy, living is hard.

"After you were nearly killed by the D-Death Eaters," Molly stumbled over the name but I know who they are. They are people like Bellatrix Lestrange and probably Lucius because they don't feel empathy. Death Eaters are followers of You-Know-Who and the people who came everyday for months to torture me at the courtesy of Bellatrix.

"Charlie and Bill found you and Viktor Krum in the woods, you nearly dead and Viktor knocked out and would have died if you hadn't pulled him into the woods. I know how you did it. You used your powers and i'm so grateful that you did because you saved his life and countless others because the Death E-Eaters were trying to find you, not anyone else. They somehow knew that you were a Muggle, not a Squib as you told everyone. It was probably Lucius Malfoy! That royal arse saw you in the Top Box and he most likely helped Bellatrix Lestrange torture you," hissed Molly. I had never heard her this angry before. Not even when the twins tried to sneak the Ton-Tongue Toffees out of the house.

"Bill took you and Apparated here while Charlie took Krum to some mediwizards. No one questioned where you were because they thought you had died a valiant death and saved Krum. Fred and George, oh those two, tore out of the tent when Charlie returned to the tent without you. They were determined to fine you but Charlie stopped them. Arthur said only one could Apparate home with Charlie and Fred didn't even argue with George, though apparently he wanted to. I was here, healing you and trying not to let you die. You seem to have a knack for finding hell, Carolina Abigail Groves. Yes, I do know your real name but only because Xavier visited the house a few days ago. But you're still Catherine Eliane Knight to the family and I told Xavier to stay away for now, until you wake up and you're ready," said Molly. "But you should get some quiet time. Fred and George will be back in an hour and I just pray that you wake up."

Her footsteps echoed as she walked away. Fred and George will be back in an hour? I wondered. Oh, school! The Tri-Wizard Tournament which Viktor told me about. That's where they must be. I wonder if they entered? It does seem like something they would do . . .

I willed my toes to move, my hands, my feet, anything! But nothing was moving. I was in a coma and I couldn't do a thing about it.

* * *

It had been months and the first Tri-Wizard task was tomorrow evening. Harry had been chosen, even though the rules say you have to be seventeen and only one member of each school is chosen. Cedric Diggory was the first Hogwarts Champion and then another paper popped out of what George says is the Goblet of Fire. It is exactly what it sounds like. A large goblet that is filled with fire that turned blue when it spouted the champions names.