Chapter 6

"Catherine Knight, I'm not sending you to the World Cup through Portkey. It is simply too dangerous and I don't know what will happen!" Molly chided. I sighed and looked at Arthur. 

     He shrugged and continued to look at the Daily Prophet, the Wizard newspaper that is really popular. "Molly, I promise I'll be fine! What do you want me to do, materialize there?" I asked her with a sigh. She smiled and turned to walk up the uneven staircase. 

     "Arthur, what is she doing?" I asked him. He looked at me, deep in thought. 

     "She's probably going to have you Apparate with either Bill or Charlie. As a Muggle, we don't know how you'll react to the magic of a Portkey. I imagine you'll be fine but we don't want to take that chance," he told me. I groaned in slight annoyance but sat in my usual seat. Fred and George usually sit on either sides of me but they aren't up yet. I wake up about the same time as Molly does each morning. 

     Slow footsteps sounded on the spiral staircase and I looked to see Harry and Ron come down with Fred and George behind them. "What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito - do I look like a Muggle, Harry?" 

     "Yeah," said Harry, smiling, "very good." He was really nice, seemed to not want to get in the way of others and only help them. 

     "Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" said George, failing to stifle a huge yawn. 

     "Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Molly, having the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in. Cate refused to sleep-in."

     Everybody looked to me. I shrunk down in my sat which prompted Fred and George to glare at the watching eyes. 

     "So they're still in bed? And why is Cate refusing to stay in? She is going with us, right?" Fred worriedly asked. "Why can't we Apparate too?" 

     "Because you're not of age and you haven't passed you test," snapped Molly. I drew back from the woman and further in George's arm that was wrapped around my shoulders just as Fred's was. "And where have those girls got to?" 

     She hurried out of the kitchen and up the stairs once more. The twins looked to their father with dismayed eyes. "Cate isn't going with us?" George practically yelled. Arthur put down his paper with an annoyed stare. 

     "She is going with us. But Molly doesn't think its that safest for her to use the Portkey that we'll be catching. So, she's going to be Apparating with either Charlie or Bill. We're no trusting Percy, he only got his license two weeks ago!" exclaimed Arthur. I groaned in annoyance and Fred rubbed my back soothingly. 

     "Take these and go upstairs before we leave. Mum will try and take them, probably. She should get them now before she goes through our room and stuff once more," advised George. He handed me a few bags full of the Ton-Tongue Toffees. I took them and stuffed them into the pockets of George's oversize jumper that he gave me. He said it was too small for him so instead of giving it to Ron, I got it and now I wear it nearly everyday in the Burrow.

     "Dad, what about the anti-Muggle charms that are placed?" Ron suddenly asked as he was talking with Harry. Arthur froze and his eyes widened. 

     "Cate, you hold on to any of us. That might help and if anybody asks why you don't have your wand on you or even think that you're a Muggle, you'll say that you're a Squib. It means a non-magical witch or wizard. It does happen. You're also going to be a friend of the family because, well, you're blonde and everybody else in the family is a redhead," Arthrus blushed at the last part, embarrassed for some reason.