Chapter 16

September 16,2016(Friday)
Olivia's POV-

It's been exactly one week since me and Caleb went on our date, we have been even closer than we normally are and have been kissing a lot more. On Monday we are taking a whole week off school and going to a cabin on a lake with the walkers and my family all in one car. Mom and dad rented this big van that fits 17 people and there is only 11 of us going so we have lots of space in the van for everyone.

"I can't wait for the road trip" Caleb says to me as we watch a movie cuddling, Caleb hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet but I'm fine with it not being official yet.

"Me either" I say it's a 11 hour car ride since we're going to Michigan, and it's colder there so we need to pack warmer since we will be on the lake. It's going to be around 45 degrees by the time we get to the cabin which has 7 rooms and 4 full bathrooms and 1 half bathroom, it's got one large kitchen a 12 seater dining table and a large living room.

"It's going to be so much fun being with both families and one full week off school" he says to me "and I get to hang out with you"

"Aww your so sweet" I say to him pecking his cheek

"The car rides going to be so much fun too, since me and you just get to cuddle the whole time" he says to me which is true since mom and dad are letting me and Caleb take the last seat which is a four seater. The seat in front of that Josh and Emily are going to have which is a three seater and Annie is going to have her own three seater which is in front of Josh and Emily and in front of her is where Zac and Dylan will be sitting in their car seats in a three seater. The parents are in a four seater in the front so they can switch off for driving, dad is going to be driving first so he's going to be sitting in the driver side with mom next to him and then next to her is going to be Caleb's mom and then his dad will be next to her.

"Yeah that's going to be fun the only thing that sucks is we will be getting up at 2:00am to get in the car to start driving so we can be there at 1:00 or 2:00" I say to him which is true the parents want us there at one so we can spend the first day there actually doing something because if we didn't we would not have been tired from sleeping in the car the whole time.

"But we have things that can keep us busy like watching YouTube videos and kissing" Caleb says as I nod

"Yeah we should do the homework that we got for the week now so when we get back we don't have to worry about it" I say to him it's already 4:00pm and we did very little of the homework in study hall. We have piles of homework to finish since we won't be at school for 5 days so the teachers gave it all to us that we would have to hand in when we get back.

"Okay" Caleb says as he goes to grab our book bags and I turn off the tv so we can concentrate on it.

3 hours later

We have worked for 3 hours on homework and we are only half of the way through it. But mom and dad cooked dinner so we have to eat now then we are going back to do the homework. Once I get downstairs I see everyone digging into the grilled chicken dad made and the rice with corn on the cob. I sit down and start digging in with them, my dads such a great cook and everything he makes is really good.

"Who's excited for the vacation?" Mom asks us all

"Me" everyone says at the same time

"What are you looking forward to the most?" Dad asks

"Swimming" the boys says

"Tanning on the boat" Emily says

"Boating" I say the walkers rented a big pontoon boat that has a slide on top with a little area that is a like a roof but you can climb up there and sit and which you go up there to get to the slide which is really cool. We all have life jackets so we can swim around in the lake once they anchor the boat. We are even taking the dogs since we don't want to leave them here for a week so we bought them life jackets to. Champ has gotten really big in like a week he's not that small anymore he's still small compared to bear but he's grown like 20 pounds so he's now 35 pounds. He is not a small puppy anymore but he's so cute he's such a good dog he sleeps on the bed with me and is really soft so he's like a really big bear to cuddle.

"Tubing from the boat" Caleb says that's my 2nd thing I'm excited for it's going to be a good week. We finish eating talking about everything we are going to do and just having a nice dinner.

"Me and Caleb have to finish homework" I say to them as we finish dinner it's already 8:30 so we need to finish it so we can pack since I still haven't even packed a thing.

"Okay" mom says going to the living room as me and Caleb go back upstairs to my room to finish our homework. We finish in 3 and a half hours so for missing 5 days of school it took 6 and a half hours to finish all the homework and class work we are missing.

"Are you packed yet?" Caleb asks me

"No are you?" I ask him

"I'm about half way done" he says

"I have everything to do still" I say to him

"I can help with your bras and underwear" he says to me smirking

"Your such a perv at times" I say to him as we put everything away.

"I could help you pack though" he says to me after everything's put away

"I'm not packing tonight I'll do that tomorrow" I say to him yawning

"Okay but before you go to bed I have to ask you something" he says to me

"Okay what is it?" I ask him as I climb into bed

"Umm.... I wanted to know if you will be my girlfriend?" He asks me

"Of course" I say to him as he climbs in bed and pulls me to him

"Good I have been thinking of ways to ask you all week" he says

"I'm surprised you didn't do something cheesy" I say to him

"I would but I know you don't like that stuff" he says which I liked how he asked me better than if he said something cheesy.

"Goodnight" I say to him pecking his lips

"Goodnight princess" he says to me, I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep, waiting for the vacation with the family.

Thanks for reading Everlark2000