6. Hide and seek

*Ritz's POV*

"Ahem Ahem. . . ." Neil and I clear our throats together. The couple sprang apart. Actually it's Maya and Vivian. They both were making out without knowing our presence on the open terrace.

"Bro this is not U.S. it's India. If anyone will see you like this they may spread this adding extra mirch masala.[To tell things with exaggeration.]" Neil informs his brother. I am not able to hold my laughter.

"Shut up!" Vivian groans in frustration. Maya is blushing but then she also laughs at her fiancé.

"Its okay, Viv." Maya tries to calm him down.

"Let's get to dinner. I'm starving." I speak up before anyone else jokes on the situation.

"Yup!" Neil agrees and we head downstairs. I follow him and the love birds come after us.

**

The dinner is extra spicy, heavy and my tongue is burning. I keep drinking water after every bite. The dessert is also extra sweet but it  nullifies the burning sensation in my mouth. Mom and dad are talking to Mr and Mrs. Khurana, Maya and Vivian left a while before. I am again alone. But now, there is someone else in the same situation.

No girlfriend to amuse him.

Neil comes across and bumps my shoulder with his,"Hey! Actually I wanna say that I'm sorry, I never meant those words. I was just trying-"

"To piss me off!"

"Yeah! But I am sorry."

"It's okay. But it wasn't cool."

"Sorry!"

"Its O.K." I proclaim and Neil lets out a sigh of relief. Boys cannot stop apologising at certain times. "Nobody can mess with me. Just remember that."

My little test worked fine on him. I won't mind playing some more on him.

"Oh really? I will take that challenge." He says with a chuckle.

"Oh please I totally beat your ass today." I almost laugh while saying that. "Oh Neil! I like you." I mimic myself teasing him. He looks at me annoyed but smiles.

"Fine you win. I am sorry again. You were right, today the way you stormed out on me did hurt my ego. I mean I am not a guy who disrespects women and you just assumed it. That triggered me."

"I didn't mean that. You read too much into things. But yeah I shouldn't have just left like that. You are a fine guy. I am sorry."

"It is okay we don't know each other, can happen. Anyway what are you doing tomorrow?" Neil suddenly asks.

"Nothing planned yet. Why?" I enquire.

"Because if you are free and bored then I can show you around." He offers. I just hope there isn't some catch here. So what if it is? I will beat his ass just like today.

"That's a nice idea! What time?" I ask in excitement.

"Well, that I will tell you later." He says. "I want your phone number so I can tell you."

"Yeah sure. Wait." We exchange our  numbers and then I see my parents slowly leaving the mansion still chatting,"I should go then, meet you tomorrow." I tell Neil and start towards the door.

"Ritz?" Neil stops me.

"Yeah?"

"So we are friends now?"

What are we? 'Hey girl don't go too far'. My conscience injects, "Yeah! I guess. What do you think?" I repeat the same question to him.

"Yeah! We can be." Neil squeals. That is funny. I chuckle and bid him goodbye.