34. Wedding part 4: Wedding ceremony (One)

*Maya's POV*

It is the biggest day of my life and all I can do is get nervous and over excited at the same time.

The 7 letter word of Wedding gives me goosebumps all over my body. I will be Mrs. Khurana and my world will change forever.

When I was little I used to think that I will remain a spinster forever because I hated the word marry. Everyone has that stage.

I am already going giddy and just cannot remain serious. I always start daydreaming and stumble upon someone or the other who is trying to help us in the house's decorations. I also spilled the orange juice which I wanted so badly and step on many feet without even muttering a sorry to them.

I am just wondering what Vivian might be doing and what must be going on inside his head. I get scared at the thought of whether he also feels this strongly towards me. I think it is better to be nonchalant rather than idiotically picking nails.

It is ruining my wet manicure.

After 24 years of my life finally the day has come, with glims and glams, joy and care and hope.

Let's get to the other side of my wedding day. Yes. Ritz has not forgiven me and I think it should have happened long back. This is getting on my nerves, the decision I am going to take may turn out to be a disaster.

I am looking at my reflection in the mirror and search for doubt lines on my face. Fortunately or unfortunately I notice many and see spots of guilt.

Well, they are not practically present there but my eyes are visualising them. I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear and observe my face carefully.

After what seems like an eternity my senses come to normal, I start to  get anxious. Untimely the door to my room opens and my personal beautician freezes when she sees me. I frown in confusion.

"Sorry ma'am mujhe nahi pata tha ki aap yaha hai. Mujhe laga ki aapke aane se pahe- [Sorry ma'am, I didn't know that you were here. I thought that before you co-]" I cut her off.

"It's okay. Aaj meri shaadi hai aur mujhe kisi par bhi gussa karna nahi hai. Jaldi aao, mera sara makeover baki hai. [Today is my wedding and I don't want get angry on anyone. Come fast, whole of my makeover is left.]" I say with serenity.

She nods and comes inside my room. She quickly opens the large makeup box and take out all the clips, clutches, rolls and straightener for my hair.

"Tumhari woh dusri partner nahi aa rahi hai kya? Celebration saath baje shuru hone wala hai. Tum akeli itni jaldi sab kar paogi? [Your partner is not coming? Celebrations starts at seven. Will you be able to do this fast, alone?]"

It is 4 in the afternoon and I will require a lot of time to get ready. It's an Indian Wedding for crying out loud, the bridal makeup takes a lot of effort than an actress'.

"Nahi woh aa rahi hai. Uska koi kaam agaya tha. [No, she is coming. She got stuck with some work.]" She says diplomatically. I simper at her in the mirror and she continues her task on hand.

After waxing my legs and hands she covers my face with foundation and brightens my skin tone by two blocks of fairness. She applies those expensive lotions to my hands and legs and covers it with body gloss.

The second girl comes in and grabs the straightener and straightens my left locks. Then she braids my hair in a french braid and a lacy hair article is set in my hair.

Blush is brushed on my cheeks, bright red lipstick on my lips, red eyeshadow and smudge free mascara intensifies my eyes.

This time it is no diamond jewellery but Gold one. The huge gold necklace covers my deep neck and heavy earnings hang from both my ears. Gold hand band with red bangles roll down both my hands. Mangtika with a red bob in its end is on my head.