20. Closer than ever

I love you all!!

Thanks fr ur support

till then enjoy the chappy!

Dedicated to maanva for her votes and eagerness.

------------------------

*Ritz's POV*

This girl is stupid! When I end the call I could still hear her loud shrieks and squeaks. What is she going to do at her own wedding?

I go to get some fresh air in the balcony. I assume that the guests have left, even the Khuranas. Looking down the balcony I find both the families gurgling and buzzing in the lush green garden. Miara is sitting with the future Mr. and Mrs. Khurana. The brunette girl is teasing the couple and doesn't let them be alone.

Poor Maian.

But where is this guy - Neil? He's not anywhere. My eyes scour
as far as they could see, but he is nowhere.

Then I admire the clean and dark sky. The stars are twinkling and my memories turn to when I was five years old. My dad and I would sit in our huge garden. I always preferred to sit on his lap and watch the stars he pointed at. He showed me the visible constellations. My favourite one was 'Virgo'.

I think it is a princess. Call me a hopeless romantic but I am still fascinated by fairy tales. As if a prince will come and take me to his kingdom and his palace.

Everyone is moving farther away from the mansion, to the road. Due to a tree - with branches that hang below the balcony - my vision is blocked and everyone outside is now out of my sight. I spin on my heel to change, when I bump into something. I almost shout to the top of lungs - but a hand covers my shriek.

Fear overtakes when I am pushed backwards, the hand is still on my mouth. The pure black eyes bore into mine. I freeze and my eyes widen, a spark of electricity runs through my veins. The person is not visible due to the dim light.

"It's me!"

A shiver runs down my spine at the husky voice. My clouds of fear diminish and he is visible. The spikes in his black hair shine because of some amount of light falling on them.

A sigh leaves my mouth and he takes off his hand while I take an enormous breath. His smirk now plasters on his face - my heart skips a beat. Is it that breathtaking?

"What are you doing-" He places a finger on my lips.

He has his other hand on the wall next to my face. He blinks a few times and takes the finger off my lips. A word doesn't leave my mouth, the features of his face are now clearer. He has a sharp nose with freckles on it. The cheeks seem soft, I feel like touching them to feel the softness. He has a tan and flawless skin.

He leans down and closes his eyes. Is he going to kiss me? A few moments pass and a sigh leaves his mouth as if he has changed his decision. Instead he presses a tiny kiss to my forehead.

My skin fires red, I close my eyes. His lips leave my skin leaving an empty feel around it. He skids backwards and grows some distance between us. It felt warmer when he was near. My heavy eyelids flutter open. Bringing his silhouette to my eyes. He is staring at my face with such intensity that my cheeks heat up.

"You look beautiful in this sari." He whispers with his eyes still on my face.

"Thank you." It wasn't even a whisper. The energy has left my body and its little remainder helps me to just move my mouth. I clear my throat and repeat, "Th... thank you."

"I am sorry if you...felt bad for-"

I cut him off. "No...I - its fine... friends can do that." I lighten the mood. There is something in the air that I can't describe.