18. Out for a Shopping Spree

Happy Reading!! luv you!

--------------------------

*Neil's POV*

I go inside the nurse's cabin, all dreadful thoughts wander in my mind. What if Ritz has caught some serious disease? Or - I shove those negative thoughts to the back of mind. I'm just concerned about her. That's what friends do right? Now I'm talking to myself. I don't understand, why am I so overwhelmed in fear with Ritz? Sometimes I feel that she is weak and cannot fight these new circumstances easily.

When I skip inside the room, the antiseptic smell hit my nostrils. I can feel the tension in the room. Abhay and the nurse are having an intense conversation.

"What is it?" Worry leaps on my lips.

"Neil, come here. It's important." Abhay gestures me to come. I shift towards them.

"Yeah, tell me!" I demand.

"Okay, look kids do anyone of you know her family?" Nurse asks seriously, lines of scare seen on her head.

"Yes, we are family friends." I crisp.

"That's good. Inform them about what I am going to tell you."

"This is serious. I doubted that only a cut cannot make someone to faint. So I just gave her a very precautions injection and took her blood sample for a test. And look what I found."

She pulls the drawer beside her open, and takes out a paper. "This! Her blood contained poison." She points at the red coloured words on the blood test report.

My jaw drops almost touching the ground, my face changes colours in fear.

"Poison?!" I yell.

"Yes, thank God it isn't too venomous. If it's not treated within an hour or half the person may die."

"So, you did that or not?" I thump my palms on her table and shout.

"Let me go, and do that. It's just 15 minutes, I will do it right away. Please excuse me." And she rushes out towards the patient area.

"What the hell was she doing before?" I throw my arms up. Abhay pats my shoulder.

"Relax, nothing will happen to her. Inform her parents." He tries to relax me.

I nod and phone Maya and tell her everything. She is shocked and says everyone would be there in a minute.

**

Sitting near the hospital bed I expect her to open her eyes. The nurse says that she will require an hour or two to heal back to consciousness. The Dobrial family along with Vivian burst into the room. I stand up to give a seat to Mrs. Dobrial.

"God! Kisne meri bacchi ko nazar lagadi? [God! Why are the bad omens behind​ my child?]" She curses and holds Ritz close. Maya strokes her mother's back to calm her. The lady is crying out for her child's bad condition.

Mr. Dobrial informs the police to cover the case. "Please don't let her know that she was poisoned. She will be too stressed." Mrs. Dobrial requests. We all nod in agreement.

The room is framed with silence and only our heavy breaths are audible. Suddenly a new sound replaces the quietness of the medical room and it is none other than Ritz.

Everyone sighs in relief and Mrs. Dobrial rejoices and gives hugs and kisses to her daughter.

**

*Ritz's POV*

"Are you ready or not?" Miara calls from the other side of the door. I am looking at my reflection in the mirror. My long curly hair are left down only with a thick hairband on top.