42. Even I am the Princess of Punwar

I am back!!

The chapter is in third person, as mentioned in the previous chapter.

Dedicated to Annabeth710 for her votes, comments and undying support! She encouraged me by her words! Thanks girl! :)

Read her poems!

#happyreading

----------------------------------

Third person

Ritz lays on her bed trying very hard to sleep, from the last two days she hasn't gotten a proper nap and the same is happening today.

She wraps the blanket even more tightly to herself in order to make her more comfy. But the attempt fails like the other times.

The gong of the clock echoes in the eerie silence of the room indicating that it is midnight. Ritz throws her cozy sheets and stands beside the bed. She examines the room with grim eyes.

"Yeh hum kaha aaygaye hai?! [Where have I come?!]" She yells, without disturbing the sound sleep of Miara who is sleeping on the bed beside her.

"Yeh kitna chotasa kaksh hai! Hum yaha kab aur kaise aaye?! [This is such a small room! When and how did I end up here?!]" Even this time nobody comes on her noise.

She starts like a tornado around the room and opens and closes the drawers to get a candle and a matchstick. After looking at the size of the room she understands that she won't get a lantern to light the room.

"Yeh kaisa parihaas hai? Yaha toh diya lagane ki bhi vyvastha nahi hai. [What kind of a joke is this? I cannot even light a lamp in here.]" She mutters and accidentally walks in front of the mirror.

Her eyes widen at what she sees. She crumbles a side of her skirt into fist. "Humne yeh kya pahen rakha hai?! Na javer, na shringaar?! Yeh avashya humara mahel nahi hai! [What the hell am I wearing?! No jewellery, no make up?! Surely this isn't my palace!]"

To her eyes, she never notices Miara in the room, as if she is invisible to her. "Hum wapas mahel laut rahe hai. Par kaha se?! [I am returning back to the palace. But from where?!]"

The notorious, self respected Princess inside her talks to herself and finds a way to get out of the room. The window feels like an escaping opportunity.

She walks, climbs the window pane but pauses at an unfamiliar sound in the pin drop silence. She comes down the window pane back in the room, she follows the thump that she heard.

It brings her to the balcony and checks every inch of it. She finds nothing. But suddenly her eyes land on a red coloured scroll.

She frowns at it and goes to pick it up. "Itni raat gayi kaun hume patr bhej sakta hai? [Who would it have been, who has sent me a letter at this time of the night?]"

She rolls it down:

Rajkumari Shehnaya,

Aaj hum Punwar aa rahe hai. Thodi hi der mai waha poach jayenge. Aap avashya humare swagat smaroh mai samilit ho, bahot din ho gaye aapse mile nahi. Raha nahi jaa raha humse, aapki ek jhalak dekne keliye. Aur humse hum dono ke gupt sthaan par mila na bhuliye ga. Bahot saare uphaar laye hai hum, khaas aapke liye.