36. Vulnerable

Dedicated to ultrab for her encouraging votes n comments. Thank you sweets!!

-----------------------------

*Neil's POV*

I am wandering in the forest in search of a weird plant or a flower. Weirder the sample, more the marks, if it really implies. I know I am acting like a marks oriented student but I have promised to win ALL ROUNDER.

This competition has not grown any rivalry among us friends because we believe in each other's happiness. It's a quote that--people get more sad with other's happiness than their grief. I hate that it is true, I would be sad if someone else wins.

As the time goes by I see it is already 11:00 am on my watch and I have plucked some very unfamiliar plants by now. My other fellow classmates are also scouting around, working hard to find some unique species of vegetation.

Dehradun is a peaceful place but also a busy one. It is just that it does not contain quantity but quality. People here are effective rather than efficient, that's why almost everyone here makes a rich livelihood.

Enormous mansions and big farms and plots are the properties which we have. I don't know why I am so interested in talking about Dehradun but I feel privileged to do so.

I trace the path back to where I last saw Ritz. She must be totally pissed off, because I ditched her for a stupid project. I want to go and accompany her, show her my samples and maybe help her find some.

I take some steps and stop to look for a way to catch up with her. But a hand tugs on my right shoulder and the another curls around my arm.

"Neil kaise ho? [Neil how are you?]" A familiar flirtatious voice coos in my ear. Then she turns and stands in front of me. A 5 feet short girl with black hair tied in a ponytail. Saniya. She is one of the sidekicks of Naina. Whenever she sees a handsome guy she throws herself on him, which is why Naina used to always make me stand far from Saniya.  She used to never leave my side and eye Saniya with a death glare. As of now she is standing in a pose, surely wanting to seduce me. I just roll my eyes at her.

"Mai soch raha tha ki tu mere kaan tak kaise pohoch gayi? [I was wondering, how did you reach till my ear?]" Judging her by her height I pass the comment.

She frowns and throws her hands in defeat. "Oh....you spoiled the moment." She then closes the distance between us and slides her hands down my arms. She chews on her lip and gives a very coy look.

"Neil, yaha par koi nahi hai. Sirf tum aur mai. [Neil there is no one around. Just me and you.]" Her voice is barely a whisper. She moves her fingers on my face and I raise my eyebrows. I yank her hand off my face.

"What the hell!! I thought it is clear that I am taken." I shout. She makes an aggressive groan and dusts her track pants. She must have worn something that covered her legs for the first time. Everytime I saw her, she was either in an exposing skirt or mini shorts.

"Lekin mujhe toh laga tha ki tum ek playboy ho. [But I thought that you are a playboy.] You won't two at a time." She again makes an attempt to touch me but I lurch away.

"Keep safe distance from me Saniya."

"Oh...please, pata nahi tumhari choice kaisi hai. Pahele woh Naina aur phir woh Ritz! Naina sahi bolti thi, Ritz ek down-market bitch hai! [Oh...please, what silly choices do you have. First Naina and now Ritz. Naina was right, Ritz is a down-market bitch!] " My blood boils at her words and I suppress the urge to punch her.

My jaw clenches and I don't miss a chance to insult her back, "How dare you! How dare you ki tune Ritz ko bitch bola, you slut! [How dare you! How dare you call Ritz a bitch, you slut!]"