31. Time cannot rub the scars on my heart

Sorry early but again a filler one.

Happy Reading!

Dedicated to meghss.

----------------------------

*Ritz's POV*

I gather myself up and decide to head for school. Today is the first exam--Math. Nothing better to ruin my last night's sleep. Math sometimes seems to me as a nightmare. And to add up to that it is a Saturday.

Elite high is the worst school!

The weekly schedule now also has a Saturday, that is--6 day school. This is drastic for me but others seem fine about it, maybe Indian system has this horrifying Saturday since their first grade.

Wow!

The exam was not so easy but better than I thought it would be. I got stuck in few silly questions for which I got some answers from my near-benchers. Cheating in exams is like genes passing from generations to generations.

I got my 4 marks saved man!

Again sleep had taken over me and half of the time I had started dozing off. Not only once or twice the invigilator had to come and wake me up 4 times. She even asked whether I was sick but that was a big 'no' from me.

I am not a morning person but I was awake till 1 in the night. That was not so hard for me. The bell goes off and invigilator announces, "Pens down!" I do as told.

But some students are still hoping to solve their questions. Cady glances my way and gestures to ask me 'How was the test?' I show a thumbs-up with a straight face.

The rest of the periods aren't on the top of my day, because I am at a lack of sleep. I used to love Saturdays but now I hate them. My attitude towards them has taken a U-turn.

And a part of my heart says how can you hate your own parents in a single day? But that doesn't change the truth of their betrayal.

I will never ever forgive them. They practically stored my other half to themselves. I suddenly feel like I am about to faint. Shit! Just at the thought of them gives me so much grief and pain. I should stop thinking about them.

I press my right hand to my head as it feels like it is about to burst open. I gruff and stop on the spot. Neil emerges from the other side of my locker and helps me stay put.

"Are you alright?"

"All good."

He frowns because it doesn't require a genius to understand I am lying. "What happened?" He has a serious tone. I just shake my head and he lifts my chin to look at him.

"Please tell me. I am getting worried. You look so pale." He does have a point.

"Neil if I was never a princess then this won't have happened. Right? If I was never born or I would have never come to India? Everything would have been so good right? I am the root to this problem. Yes it'-"

Neil clamps my mouth shut and hushes me. "If you would have never been to India then how would I have met a lovely girl like you? Who would have broken my shell and made me believe in a real relationship? It was you Ritz, it was you!"

Tears of uncertain joy well up in my eyes and I hug him affectionately. He pats my back and murmurs soothing words to me.

"You are the only person who can understand me so well. If you weren't there what would have I done?" I tell him.

"Lets go and have our lunch. No more tears." He wipes the tears off my face with his thumbs, while cupping my face. I smile weakly and we skip to the cafeteria.