Invitation

So sorry that I updated later than said. But my cellphone got robbed yesterday! Thank godness I got it back today!!

Dedicated to vidushirox.

#happyreading

----------------------------------

Six years later

*Ritz's POV*

I wonder how am I still standing in this place. My eyes are burning and tears brim my eyes. I sniff and wipe my wet cheeks for the 'n'th time.

Too add up the bell of my mansion rings. I rush out and open the large door. The door reveals Neil. He stands on the porch in a very mature form.

He is no more that lad who wore the unwashed T-shirts and pants. He has transformed to a man in tux and tie. The Armani suit suits him very well.

He has started working in his dad's business and turned out to be a very efficient employ. I am not able to believe that Neil is finally working and earning.

"Like what you see?" He gets me out of my chain of thoughts. Even though he is a working mature man he is still alive with such flirty comments.

"Oh...Hi Neil! Come. Umm...what do they say... Ya! Isse apna hi ghar samjho. [Think of this as your own home.]" I confidently let out the words.

My Hindi is now way better than what it was six years ago. My family and friends helped me through it and that's why I am able to speak easy Hindi today.

"Wah! So you have improved a lot..no no..by a million times." I playfully punch him on the shoulder and he chuckles at this. He then examines my face with a frown on his face.

"Is there anything on my face?" I ask, getting a bit conscious.

"Yeah, tear tracks. Were you crying?"

"Oh....it's nothing. Why are you standing outside, come." I invite him completely ignoring his concern. I think he also got that I am avoiding the question so his next sentence is.

"But Ritz I was just on the way and thought to swing by and meet you. And....." he pauses. "To give you this." He holds out a golden glittery envelope to me.

"What's this?"

"My wedding invitation." He says slowly. "I know any how it would have reached you but I wanted to personally give it you." His eyes look dull maybe he was doing overtime.

I sigh and take it. "So this is it haan?" I try lightening the mood. "So glad to see you so big and mature." I sigh contently.

"Thanks. Okay then Ritz bye...." He waves but I stop him.

"Neil wait....Even I want to give you something."

"Okay." he simply says.

I go inside the living room and the thing I was searching for is on the coffee table. I grab it and walk back to Neil.

"I also wanted to give you, this." I give him what I brought.

"What's this?"

"My wedding invitation."

He glances at it and touches the vermellion coloured envelope. The Indian type wedding cards are usually very decorated and sparkly with bright colours.

"Yours is better than mine." He appreciates and smiles in my way.

"Yup! It's my choice after all."

He smirks and tucks the card inside his blazer. "You haven't changed." he mutters under his breathe but enough for me to hear it.

"Yes, I haven't." He looks up surprised but easily masks it. He runs a hand through his black mane and heaves a sigh.

"Okay then, see ya!" We bid our goodbyes and I see him moving out of the parking lot in his Jaquar.

I shut the door behind me and is in a puzzle to what to do next. I decide on opening the wedding card.

The envelope is golden with the sketch of God Ganesh on it. The 'To' dash is unfilled. There is nothing written on it. When I open it I get captivated by the red coloured insides.

The invitation card is attached to it. I disclose it fully and read what is written on it. The 'Om' sign is on the top of the page.

 The 'Om' sign is on the top of the page

I close the envelope blushing furiously

I close the envelope blushing furiously. It is unbelievable that I am getting married!! Neil also said the same when he proposed to me.

I was on cloud nine when he popped the question. He didn't ask me with the velvet ring box. He simply gave me a card out of nowhere with that curved on it.

I jumped in rejoice and crashed him into a hug. I instantly said yes! It completely changed my life and what not happened that nigh-

"Ritu!" Mom cuts in my thoughts.

"Yes mom?"

"Did you learn how to cook that dish? Or were you just passing time?"

I remain silent. I have no answer to it. Taking my silence as her cue to continue she does.

"I knew that! You are getting married sweetie, you are about to start a new life, so you need to know such basic things. Come on! Let's start again."

"Mom! Cutting onions is the worst task ever! Man, my eyes are burning and water in my eyes was blocking my vision half the time!" I stomp upstairs disobeying my mother.