Chapter 7

Dan

It took me a few seconds to understand where I was, and what was going on. Phil was shaking me, and I heard loud banging coming from what seemed to be the front door.

I rubbed my eyes, and tried to wake myself up properly.

Phil was walking around the room in quick steps, shaking his head and mumbling things to himself. 

I sat down on the side of the bed and tried to speak to him, as the banging continued.

”Phil what is going on?” I asked calmly, and he looked at me like I was crazy.

”How can you be so calm?!” He almost shouted.

”I don’t even know what’s going on! Tell me.” I demanded and he took a deep breath before explaining.

”Your mum’s here, okay. I don’t know what to do she keeps banging on the door she wants to talk to you!” 

My eyes widened in shock. My mum? How would she even know that I was here? How could she possibly know?

”How-how…” I started but Phil must’ve known what I was going to say as he answered my question before I even got the chance to ask it.

”I don’t know! She must’ve called the school  or something!”

I stood up and started walking out of his room, but as I was about to open the door Phil grabbed my arm to stop me.

”Where are you going?” 

”Talk to her, she’s my mother after all.” I pointed out and Phil let me go, however he still followed me down the stairs and as we stood in front of the door that was shaking from the banging, I took his hand in mine as I pulled the door handle down.

Phil stood slightly behind me, as my mother appeared in front of us. 

”Daniel.” She spat at me and I squeezed Phils hand, and Phil had hid even more behind me by now.

”You’re coming with me right now I won’t tolerate you sleeping around with random people!” She spoke giving Phil a dirty look.

”I’m not sleeping around! I was-” I tried explaining but before I knew it I was pulled by my arm and my hand slipped out of Phils who desperately tried to pull be back again but he wasn’t strong enough.

I was now standing next to my mother, her grip on my arm was tight, I was sure it would bruise.

Phil was standing in the doorway, unsure of what to do next.

I looked at him and mouthed ‘sorry’ as my mother pulled me with her and we walked away.

Her grip on my arm didn’t loosen, if anything, it only got tighter. I looked back and I could still see Phil standing there, looking after us. 

I tried to escape, I didn’t want to go home, I wanted to stay with Phil, but as soon as I tried I felt her hand hit my head, and face, as she slapped me hard.

”Fucking let go!” I yelled but only got another hit in the head as an answer. When I saw someone walking on the other side of the street, I took the opportunity.

”Help!” I shouted and my mother looked at me and quickly let go of my arm in fear, and I took off as fast as I could. 

It was morning, so I figured school would be the appropriate place to go to, and Phil would probably be there, wouldn’t he?

I picked my phone up from my pocket and decided to call him, to see where he was.

I dialed his number and put my phone to my ear.