Chapter 3

My stomach rumbled as I tossed and turned in my bed, hoping that it would take my mind off the hunger I'm experiencing right now.

I looked at my clock and found out that it's only 10.20 pm which is quite early for me to go to bed. I decided to wake up and feed my hungry stomach because I still have a long way to sleep, and I wouldn't wanna upset my stomach for such a long time.

I changed from my pyjamas to a simple black jumper but I kept my pyjama pants on. I think the candy cane prints are quite cute. It brings the festive mood of Christmas on.

This time, I remembered to bring my purse along and slipped on my flip flops. I know it's cold outside but I'm just going out for a few minutes, it's not gonna be a big deal.

Boy was I wrong when I stepped out into the cold, breezy night. I shivered my way to the mart and quickly entered it, hoping that the heater from inside could warm me down.

"Annyeong-- oh Jinni yah--" I cut him off by waving my hand at him lazily and proceeded to the ramen section.

"Jinni?" A familiar voice called out to me after I filled my ramen with hot water and settled onto the table by the window.

I looked to my right and saw the guy from this morning with a cup of ramen that is halfway finished.

"Taehyung?" My eyes lit up.

"Wow, what are the odds? We keep on meeting here," He chuckled.

"I know right, and you're also here to," I paused and looked at his ramen cup, "have a late night snack."

"I guess so, you must have been hungry too," He nudged his head towards my cup that is still full.

"Right," I said. "Now if you could allow me to eat this in peace," I held up my cup.

"Sure, no problem," He answered straight away.

I ate my ramen in silence and slurped the very last strand of noodle left until there was nothing left, no broth, no toppings, nothing.

"Wow, you ate it pretty fast. You must have been really hungry," He chuckled at me in which I replied with a laugh.

"Where are you going later?" He asked me.

"Back home. I need to go to bed now, I have school tomorrow. I'm still 18, remember?" I grumbled at the thought of school as I made my way to the counter to pay for my ramen and so did Taehyung.

"By the way you still owe me a story," Jungkook broke the silence as he scanned my ramen.

"What story?" I raised my eyebrows slowly.

He gave me the are-you-serious-look and nudged his head towards Taehyung when he wasn't looking.

"Oh that story," My eyes widened as I whispered to him. "I'll tell you tomorrow." I mouthed to him.

"Oh and by the way, before I forget. One packet of cigarette please," I said, pointing to the displays behind him.

"Again?" He sounded annoyed this time. "But you just bought one this morning."

"I didn't even get to use one you know. Jimin took all of them and threw it somewhere I don't know," I stomped my feet and rolled my eyes, completely forgetting the fact that Taehyung is still there with me.

"Jimin hyung did what?" His eyes widened as his mouth hung open.

"You heard me," My eyes trailed to the ceiling with a sour expression.

"Fine," He sighed and took one box of cigarette for me. "The total will be--" Jungkook said but was interrupted by Taehyung who put his cup of ramen onto the counter when it wasn't even his turn yet.