Chapter 45

Basically, I did nothing on Christmas morning. Stayed in bed all day. And the same goes for the next morning which is the morning that Taehyung is supposedly discharged from the hospital.

I waited for a few hours if he'd come by and say hi but he didn't. Even if he didn't have any feelings for me, he could've said hi just as friends.

Oh wait, he didn't forget anyway. It was all just a play. Right. How foolish can I be. God, I'm just a really lovesick person.

I haven't seen him in days nor talk to him. Knowing that he actually remembers, I have the desire to just go to his place and confess everything to him, from not actually kissing Jimin to knowing that he faked lost his memory.

Or if I don't have the guts to face him, he's only a call away.

I looked at my phone that was lying on the floor and hesitated before I found myself waiting for Taehyung to pick up the phone.

After 6 missed calls, no answer. I threw my head back and wished none of this ever happened.

I stayed in bed until the next morning and when I got up, I was somehow determined to change things. I quickly had breakfast and cleaned myself. After getting ready, I walked fast. And after every steps, the steps get quicker.

And before I know it, I'm standing right in front of his place.

****

Taehyung's POV

I opened the door after a hasty person rang it a lot of times only to be met by the person that I have missed the most.

"J-Jinni?" I stuttered.

She looked at me with her eyes widened in shock, as if not believing that I'm standing right in front of her. The same thing's happening to me to and I could see that she's hesitating to talk just as much as I'm hesitating.

"Look, we need to talk—" I opened my mouth and said those words before she dashed forward and kissed me. Oh, how I have missed those lips and all because of what? Because of my stupidity.

She pulled away and we rested our forehead against each other's. Looking into her hazel eyes, I know she have missed just as much as I have missed her. I feel terrible and guilty after what I've done to her and I definitely owe her an apology.

"There's something I need to tell you—"

"I know," She pulled away and stood up straight, fixing her hair. That's my cute girl.

"Wait, you know what?"

"That you were faking your amnesia all along," She vent out in frustration, still catching her breath.

She knew? How long have she known? Fuck, she must have been so hurt all this while because of me. What a dumbass I am.

"How did you know?" As if that's the most important thing right now, I just had to ask her that question. Way to go, Taehyung.

"That's not important. Let's just say a little birdy told me," She paused in her words, "but it's not your doctor! So, don't worry about that. It's someone else."

I sat on the couch in disbelief that my plan was busted. I mean, now that I know everything, it was a stupid plan and I shouldn't have gone with it.

I hid my face in my hands in embarassment. After a while, I felt the spot beside me dipped when she sat on it. She took my hands away from my face and looked at me in the eye.

"Really? You faked it?" Her voice croaked, signalling that she's hurt. Oh shit, I hurt her.

"Look at me," She gently held my chin and turned me to face her. I had to look into those eyes that I have hurt and I couldn't forgive myself after what I did to her. "Why would you do that?"

"At first, it was because you were kissing Jimin—"

"Taehyung, you should know better that I wouldn't do that—" She cut me off but I cut her off back. It's a game of cutting people's speeches off. "I know you didn't kiss him, Jinni. I just found out last night and that's when I realise that I'm being really shitty to you."

"How did you know?" Confusion was written all over her face.

I sighed and thought it over. Should I tell her? Or should I not?

"Yesterday, late at night, Jungkook called me. And this morning, Jimin called me. They both said the same thing, that you didn't kiss Jimin," I was ready to see the disappointment or excitement or gladness or whatever emotion that's shown in her face right now.

***

Few more chapters guys yes