Chapter 25

"Where do you wanna go now?" Taehyung asked as we exited the restaurant.

"I don't know, I have nothing planned in mind today. You were the one who asked me to skip school, don't you have anything in mind?" I scoffed and pointed to him.

"You're right," He said slowly and scratched the back of his head.

"Anyway, where do you wanna go? You keep on asking me and follow me everywhere but we've never been to places you wanna go." The street was kind of deserted because most of the people who walk it are students, and well, they're in school. Unlike me.

"I don't know, like you said. I just follow you where you wanna go."

I paused in my steps and sighed as I looked at him and finished the last bit of my chocolate bar I got from the restaurant. "Where do you have in mind?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Come on, there must be a place you'd like to go to or something you want to do," I stared at him in disbelief.

He thought for a while before his face lit up. "Let's go to the park."

"The park?" I let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, the park. Not many are here at this time of the day. It'll be peaceful," He nodded.

"Okay, then. Let's go," I walked with him side by side to the park.

When we reached it, he was right. There wasn't a lot of people, probably because they're working. The park wasn't really that green though because it's winter now and the trees are either bald or their leaves have turned yellow.

"You like to come here?" I questioned him as we randomly walked wherever our legs brought us.

"Yeah, because people always bring their puppies here. I like to play with them," He shoved his hands into his pockets.

"What a child," I laughed at him.

"Hey, it's not childish at all, okay?" He frowned, defending himself.

"Okay, okay. Whatever floats your boat," I teased him and sheepishly smiled.

Just then, a tiny corgi puppy came running to us. Honestly, I'm not scared of dogs at all. I just had a bad memory of it when I was young, it just affected how I see them. But I swear to god I'm not scared to them. Well, that's what I tell myself everyday to try convince myself.

The puppy came running to Taehyung and instead of the puppy being a puppy, Taehyung was the one who looked like the puppy. He looked like a puppy which saw a ball to play with. As Taehyung stroked the puppy's head, I slowly take a few steps backwards, distancing myself from that cute but horrendous little creature.

"Hello, little guy. You are a cutie, who's that cutie little boy?" Taehyung mimicked the sound of I honestly don't know what. He looked kinda cute. I didn't realise I was smiling all by myself when he looked up at me.

"Is this something good for you to see?" He had a smirk as he grabbed hold of the puppy and played with it.

"A-Ani, what are you crapping about..." I embarassedly looked away after being caught staring at him.

"Why are you so far away from me?" He asked once he noticed our unusual distance from each other.

"Hm? Oh, um. Nothing," I lied and looked elsewhere. I don't wanna tell him I'm scared of puppies.

"Are you scared of dogs?" He suddenly had a teasing smile as if he read my mind.

"No! I'm not, since when am I?" I panicked and stuttered.