Chapter 43

I didn't see Taehyung after that event anymore. Mainly because I can't believe he's such a wuss that I 'kissed' Jimin. He, out of all people, should've known better that I would never do that. On top of it, I was dating him, not Jimin.

It was only 2 more days to Christmas and I'm going to spend my Christmas alone. If not, with Jungkook and his family. I don't know why but I felt like this time would be the best for me to get soju and fried chicken.

And that is how I ended up at a barbeque stall on a rainy night eating fried chickens.

"Ahjumma!" I held up an empty bottle of soju. "Can I have another one?"

Not long after that, she delivered another one to me. It's cold and soju's making me warm.

Warm. It'll be warmer if Taehyung is here.

I smiled at the thought of Taehyung and then I slapped myself back into reality.

"What kind of a guy doesn't even trust his girlfriend?" I ferociously bit the chicken thigh.

After 6 rounds of soju, I was already in the state of seeing trees as dinosaurs and buildings as mountains.

"Oh, ahjumma! Why are there helicopters flying around here when this is the ancient age?" I foolishly asked and pointed to several dragonflies flying into the stall to take shelter from the rain.

"This kid, really. Just eat quietly, you're disturbing other customers," She pointed at me and frowned.

"Disturbing?" I frowned. "Ahjumma, what's more disturbing is that all these aren't your customers but zombies! What kind of a zombie eats at a barbeque stall, I'm the only normal human being here."

"Yah, kid. Just eat in silence and let others eat in peace," A middle-aged man said to me.

"Kid?" I cursed. "Who are you calling kid?" I whined and flung my arms around, accidentally hitting the man's face with my chicken drumstick.

The man cursed and got up from his seat, threatening me before his partner calmed him down.

"Honey, let's just ignore her. She's a lonely person, let her be on her own," The partner said.

That word struck me hard.

Lonely.

I grip that bottle of soju and all anger that has been bottled up inside me was unleashed as I screamed. "I..am...not...lONELY!!!"

And then I passed out.

***

I woke up the next morning in a familiar place. It's not my place for sure, but it's familiar. Once I realised it, I quickly sat straight.

"You're awake?" Jungkook's voice rang from beside me. I turned around to see him in glasses, reading the morning paper.

"Oh," I awkwardly said and looked around me.

Not knowing what happened last night, I crawled off the sofa to him and deliberately tapped his thighs lots of times.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Waeyo?" He shouted in agony at my behaviour.

"How did I get here? Did anything embarassing happen? What happened last night?" I bombarded him with questions.

He rolled his eyes at me and fixed his position.

"Nothing happened. You were just screaming weird stuff at the stall and the aunt just had to get you home."

"That's it?" I widened my eyes.

He nodded.

"How did I get here?"

"Well, that's a story that I find touching. When you got here, the taxi driver told me that my address is what you gave him. Now, you're really seeing me as your brother," He pretended to be touched and wiped away a fake teardrop.

I find it unbelievable.

"Are you sure? That's all that happened?" I pestered him with more questions, anxiously waiting fot answers.

He looked at me with dull eyes for a moment before slapping my forehead real hard.

"Ow! What did you that for?" I exclaimed in pain.

"To get this into your thick skull: that's all that happened," He pointed to his skull.

"Fine," I rubbed my head and got off of him to get a shower.

***

I'm making the remaining chapters super short compared to the previous ones because I don't want to wait any longer to finish writing this book.

Well, I guess it's cause I'm too eager to start a new one. I know for sure this book is super cliché and shitty.