Chapter 8

He stepped closer and closer to me with a stern expression, something completely different than before. He crouched down and looked at me dead in the eye, making me gulped. I could feel the rising tension in the air as the silence engulfed us.

Without any warning, he suddenly leaned in to my face, causing the scene to look different than what it actually is. I awkwardly leaned back in order to keep the distance between us but as I kept on doing that, he too kept on leaning forward until at one point we just stopped leaning.

"W-Waeyo?" I stuttered, trying to avoid eye contact with him. It's freezing tonight but I'm pretty sure I can feel beads of sweat on my forehead.

"Is this how you feel when Jimin's leaning in to kiss you?" He softly spoke.

"W-What?" I raised my eyebrow, confused as to why he was asking me such a question.

"Your heart. It's been beating like crazy when I leaned in. You should've paid attention, it was beating so loud that it was basically the only thing I could hear just now," He shrugged and pulled away from me as if that didn't leave anything in his heart.

"W-What?" I was shook by what he said and cupped my face, "That's basically what you wanna do? You were trying to find out what I feel like when Jimin's going to kiss me?!"

He just shrugged his shoulders and nodded, saying that he randomly felt like it. I seriously don't know what's going through his mind at a time like this and yes, I am dying to find out.

In the midst of wanting to punch him, he shifted from his current position and crawled to where my legs were, in specific, where my tripped ankle was. He put a hand on it and tried to turn it around, much to my dismay because it was painful and I immediately slapped his hand away.

"How are you going to walk back home?" He sounded worried as he looked into my eyes. Just a second ago he was the weirdo who wanted to know what it felt like when my boyfriend was going to kiss me and now he's acting all worried about my ankle.

"I don't know. I'll just flag a cab down or something," I sighed as I closed my eyes.

"Are you cold?" He popped up a different question this time. How'd he know? Is it obvious that my trembling voice gave me away?

"Why are you asking?"

"Your voice is trembling and you're shivering like hell," He emphasized while pointing a finger at me. Like I said.

"Yeah, I am. I'm cold. It's not like you're going to lend me your jacket anyways, you don't care about me," I rambled and rolled my eyes when he's asking a useless question, reminded about how he didn't lend me his jacket when I was cold within 24 hours of meeting him.

"Here, take my jacket," He took off his bomber jacket and surprisingly put it on me which I thanked god for doing that because it makes me feel less cold but at the same time I cursed the situation because the jacket looks real good on him and now he's not wearing it anymore.

It was unbelievable that the person who refused to lend me his jacket the other day is now lending me his jacket. "Are you Taehyung?" I asked with my mouth dropped.

"Why?" He looked offended.

"Do you even realise what you're doing? You just lent me your jacket, which is the exact opposite of what you were doing when we met for the second time," I said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Oh," was all he said as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. Then I realised one thing. He's shivering. He's cold too.

"Are you cold too?" I leaned in to get a closer look at his face.