Chapter 41

"Tae-Taehyung?" I stuttered in disbelief. "You do know that you're my boyfriend, right?"

"Of course I do, well, might I add. Fake boyfriend," He said as if it was no big deal to him.

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily, holding back the tears from coming out.

"Do you remember what we did in the past few weeks?" I asked, hoping that his answer would be positive.

"Yes, we went to the night club in which you got terribly drunk after you caught Jimin cheating on you at that one party, we got you to change your appearance from your blonde hair to this darker hair colour...." He paused, "what else? Hm, I guess that's all we did in the past few weeks."

My heart was shattered to pieces after I heard him explained. Those events happened way back and those are the only things he can remember right now.

"Taehyung," I bit my lip and held his hand. He looked confused when I did so but he let me explained quietly.

"I am your girlfriend."

He stared at me for a few seconds, not understanding what I meant by that and then he seemed to get a hang of it...wrongly.

"Yeah, I know. My fake girlfriend."

"No, no. You don't get it. I'm your girlfriend. Your real girlfriend," I sounded desperate enough to plant that into his brain.

"I don't get it. You just made up with Jimin," He looked very confused.

"Of course you don't get it. The thing is, the doctor told me that you're having...." I paused and gulped before I continued, "selective amnesia."

He stared at me with no emotions.

"So, you're saying I don't remember things?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"And which important part am I missing out?"

"The fact that we're a real couple. You're my boyfriend and I'm your girlfriend."

"That can't be true," He raised his eyebrow. "In order for two people to be together, they need to be in love with each other. I don't even have any feelings for you."

That's it. He had done it. That sentence that had broke the heart of so many girls.

"You're kidding, right?" My voice cracked but I tried to smile to hide the pain.

"I just got into an accident before this, and have been told by you that I have selective amnesia, and you think I'm kidding?" He suddenly sounded offended.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrogate my own boyfriend after he had been through a lot —"

"Can I please ask you to not call me your boyfriend? I'm sorry, it just sounds weird that we're not even a couple and yet you're referring to me as your boyfriend," He seemed uncomfortable.

"We are a couple, Kim Taehyung— nevermind, it's just the injury that's causing him this. He didn't choose it," I calmly reminded myself.

"You know what? I think I need time to think about all of this," He trailed off. "Can you just, give me some space?"

My eyes widened at him but I managed to put on a smile to conceal the feelings I'm having. "Yeah, sure."

"Oh, and can you be a good friend and get me some food? I'm starving," He tried to enlighten the mood.

Good friend. Ouch.