Chapter 38

"Taehyung," I called out to him when we were busy enjoying our burgers in the diner.

"Yes?" He answered in a very soft and somehow, loving tone as he looked up at me.

I was suddenly stunned at how polite and charming he can be when it comes to me.

"Why? What's wrong?" His expression changed when I was left speechless.

"Nothing," I didn't realise the corners of my lips curved upwards.

"Aigoo, you have mayonnaise on the corner of your lips," I reached out and wiped the corner of his lips with my thumb.

As I did so, I can feel his beady eyes staring at me. Then, he softly pecked my thumb just when I was about to pull my arm back.

That, believe it or not, stunned me again.

"My man is so handsome," I reached out again and pat the side of his face. I'm in such a good mood today.

"Aren't I?" He smirked and continued devouring his burger.

"Oh, yeah I almost forgot. Do you wanna go to a Christmas eve party with me?" I shot the question I've been meaning to ask him.

"Christmas eve? Don't people normally spend their Christmas eve with their family?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Oh, no. You got it wrong. This party is called a Christmas eve party but it's not exactly on Christmas eve. It's 5 days before Christmas," I explained.

"Oh, okay. Sure, of course I'll go with you," he smiled at me. "So where's this party at?"

"The same place we went to the last time," I shrugged my shoulders. I sensed something wrong when he kept quiet.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

"Isn't that where you caught your ex cheating on you? Are you gonna be fine with possibly bumping into him again?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've moved on already. Plus, I have you. Why should I worry about bumping into him?" I faked laugh.

"Okay then, if you say so," He replied and we finished our burgers in silence.

"Hey, wanna go someplace else?" He asked once we exited the diner.

"Now?" I asked and he nodded. "Like, where?"

"I don't know, just roam around the streets? I'm bored," He shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, sure."

We walked out of the diner and started walking down the street, passing by shops as the evening was starting to get dark.

"Do you think about what'll happen to us in the future?" I suddenly blurted out.

"What do you mean?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I mean, have you ever pictured your future?"

He thought for a long time and replied, "Sometimes. Why?"

"Nothing, I was just curious if I'm the only one who often think about the future."

"Am I in it?" He sheepishly smiled.