Chapter- 11

"Manik I can't believe you are kicking me out of your room man." Cabir whined while Manik just shrugged.

He had come over to stay at Manik's house for the night. This was a usual thing for both the best friends. Cabir and Manik shared a bond that was beyond fab5. They were more like brothers to each other. After spending the day with their friends, they would usually end up landing up at each other's house in the night owing to the alone time they liked to spend sharing every happiness and miseries of their lives. They would even end up staying in the same room, sleeping in the same bed. But today seemed to be different.

"Dude what's wrong with you? This is not the first time I am staying in your room." Cabir was annoyed.

"But earlier I never knew that you were measuring my hotness in my bed." Manik hissed.

"Oh cmon bro. You are still stuck up on that thing. You know that I was just teasing you guys." Cabir tried to justify himself.

"That's what is your problem dude that you can't just stop fooling around. It was so embarrassing. I can't even imagine what all conclusions she will draw if she comes to know you are sleeping in my bed." Manik said worriedly.

"Oh.. So all this because of that. Now don't tell me that you don't know that she was just playing along. I mean she obviously doesn't consider you a gay. I mean I am not dying to sleep in your bed but then you are just behaving ridiculous." Cabir said exasperated.

"Ridiculous!! Really Cabir? Here I am going all mad about a girl and that girl just tagged me a gay. And you are trying to reason with it." Manik spoke angrily.

"Oh please Manik.. Even I am not some gay trying to hit on my very own best friend. So stop behaving like..." Cabir just trailed off..

He went quiet for sometime replaying Manik's lines in his head. And the corner of his lips turned up forming a huge smile.

"Eureka.." Cabir shouted and Manik cringed at his loud voice.

"What?" Manik asked raising his brows.

"Dude you just confessed that you are going mad about Nandini." Cabir said happily.

Manik went numb for a few seconds realizing what he actually said. The confusion clouding his mind finally seeping away while he repeated his own words in his head. He was finally making peace with his feelings. But then he looked at an ebullient Cabir and replied confidently.

"It was pretty obvious I think. I have always wanted to sleep with her, you know that..Why are you jumping like a frog over this?" Manik shrugged nonchalantly.

"Oh stop it Manik. Now don't go back on your words. I know sleeping with her is not what you meant. I know you very well. I mean you are actually falling for her. I am so happy for you bro." Cabir beamed happily.

Looking at Cabir's excited face, Manik finally gave up his pretense of it being about his lust. He knew it was way deeper than that. So he smiled back at Cabir sheepishly while ruffling his hair.

"Yes Cabir.. I think I like her." He finally confessed.

Cabir immediately hugged him out of pure and blissful happiness and patted his back assuringly. After a while when they broke the hug, Cabir looked at Manik mischievously while Manik just gave him a 'not again' look.

"So are you trying to tell me that the Manik malhotra is ready to quit his freedom and be tied up in a relationship?" Cabir teased.

"I don't know Cabir. Its just that I want to be with her and if this is what it takes, then I want to give it a shot." Manik said earnestly.