Chapter- 18

CANTEEN

"Wow Navya... Superb yar...you just shut Soha up.. I mean her face..it was such a hilarious sight..I just couldn't stop laughing.." Mukti said praising Navya..

"She called for it..I should have just killed that f**king bitch.." Navya said still angry..

"Calm down Navya.. I think this was enough a lesson for her..." Aliya said trying to lighten up the situation..

"Manik would better handle his exes..Nandu doesn't need to go through this.." Madhyam said bitterly..

"What do you mean it was Manik's mistake?" Mukti asked in disbelief..

"Yes..this is what I mean.. It was because of him she had to hear all that.. She had nothing to do with it.."

"She had everything to do with it Maddie.. She is his girlfriend.. Everything related to Manik is related to her now.. And I feel she is quite understanding about all this.. Then why are you creating a fuss about it?" Cabir spoke in favor of his friend..

"Because she is my friend.. And if she doesn't say anything doesn't mean I won't.. She is understanding.. But what about Manik, haan?? Had he been in her place, he would have understood??" Madhyam asked Cabir..

"Of course he would have.. They are in a relationship and.." Mukti was cut off in between..

"Sorry to say darling.. But you don't know your friend well then.. Manik can't tolerate her speaking to a friend, leave alone dealing with her exes.." He spat angrily.. He had noticed Manik getting insecure with his friendship with Nandini, but never said anything because of her..

"What are you trying to say, Maddie??" Aliya asked him..

"All I want to say is that Nandu wasn't supposed to go through this shit.. And all that was said isn't something a girl would like to hear about her boyfriend.. You tell me Aliya, and you mukti, how would you feel hearing about the pleasure trip of your boyfriend with someone else??" Madhyam said disgusted..

"Listen Maddie, I understand your concern.. But all this was a part of Manik's past that Nandini herself knows very well.. I know things went a bit overboard this time.. But knowing Manik, I am sure he wouldn't let such a situation arise in future.." Cabir assured Madhyam..

"He better take care of it or I will..." Madhyam said and walked out of the canteen..

"What's wrong with him??" Mukti said shaking her head..

"He is right on his part mukti.. Even me, Cabir or Manik would have behaved the same way had it been about you or Aliya..." Dhruv said as a matter of fact..

"Hmm..I haven't seen Maddie this angry.." Aliya said worriedly..

"Don't worry guys..he is like this only.. It's just that Nandu matters a lot to him.. He was angry but his anger doesn't last long..its just a matter of few minutes he would be back to his own annoying self..." Navya said making a face and everyone giggled at this..

Navya excused herself and went out of there.. As she walked out, she saw Manik and Nandini together in the corridor.. She walked over to them..

"Nandu... I need those notes I told you.. Come with me na.." She said grabbing her hand..

Nandini looked at Navya confused, but then understanding dawned on her and she looked at Manik, who nodded at her and walked away leaving them alone.. Navya dragged Nandini to the college garden and both sat on the grass under the shade of a tree.. Both didn't say anything for a while but then Navya broke the silence..

"Nandu.. You okay na??" She asked concerned..

"I am fine Navya..I was just a little upset..but now I am okay.."