Chapter- 27

The party was going in full swing and the students seemed to be enjoying themselves.. Cabir tried his best to woo Navya but she was giving him some really tough time.. She ignored him royally and went ahead to dance with a random guy.. Now Cabir was standing with Manik and Dhruv, sulking watching her dance with someone else..

Nandini, mukti and Aliya were chit chatting until Madhyam asked mukti for a dance.. She had been waiting for him to approach her, so she immediately gave in and went away with him leaving Nandini and Aliya behind with an awkward silence lingering between them.. Though they had sort out their differences, but had never really interacted much..

"Umm Nandini.. Congratulations.. I heard Manik and you have decided to move in together.." Aliya finally broke the ice..

"Thanks Aliya.." Nandini replied with a warm smile..

"So..howz it going?? I mean with Manik??" She asked casually..

"It's all a package...A lot new experiences...some good, some bad you know.."

"Looking at you people, I thought it would be just perfect.." She said with a tinge of surprise in her tone...

"No relation is perfect, Aliya.. We tend to have differences..after all we are two different people with different opinions.. But it's all about sailing through the difficulties together.. That's what makes the journey beautiful.." Nandini said smilingly..

"You know Nandini.. You have such deep thoughts.. I mean you are so different from Manik..  So calm, so mature..I always thought that me and Manik were meant to be but now when I see him with you, I realize how wrong I was.. I have never seen Manik so happy.. And I am glad he is with someone who makes him happy.." Aliya said with a genuine smile..

"Aliya.. I am really sorry.. I never meant to hurt you.." Nandini said apologetically..

"Oh no..had it not been for you, I would have never realized the truth.. Manik and me..nah..he is better off with you.. I don't think anyone can handle that stubborn head other than you.." She chuckled.. "And he was never into me..all I had to do was to let go..and once I did that, I felt that I was never holding on it..it was just a mere attraction.." She shrugged..

"So..how about something more than just attraction??" Nandini asked teasingly..

"That would have to wait.. I am yet to find my prince charming.. After all, it's not easy to win over Aliya Saxena.." She boasted herself and Nandini chuckled..

"Dude..stop sulking.. I am telling you.. Go ahead and ask her for a dance.. Be a man bro.." Manik told Cabir, pointing at Navya, who had by now joined Aliya and Nandini..

"It's easier said than done, dude.. She isn't even looking at me..leave looking.. She is behaving as if I am some Mr. India.. And you are talking about dance.." Cabir sighed in frustration..

"But Cabir.. Why is she behaving like this??" Dhruv asked him..

"Because of the proposal, I think.." Cabir replied with a sheepish smile, scratching his head..

"And how exactly did you propose her??" Manik asked narrowing his eyes in suspicion..

"What?? I just hinted her my feelings.." Cabir feigned innocence but Manik could see through him.

"Dude I am sure you would have used your smart mouth more than required.." Manik said in an 'I know you very well' tone..

"Arey Manik... Let it be.." Dhruv tried to make peace..

"Guys come on..let's go.." Manik said to both of them.. "And Cabir, don't give up.. You are gonna talk to Navya and that's it.." He ordered Cabir and three of them moved towards girls..