Chapter- 36

Manik was really confused with Nandini's behavior. He didn't know what went wrong within a minute that she behaved like this. He was already frustrated with what happened earlier in the day with his friends and this really didn't help him. He thought to ask her later and for now decided to concentrate on the matter in hands, i.e., getting things back to place for fab5.

On the other hand, Nandini was really pissed at Manik. She had no problems with Manik partying or spending time with fab5. She knew the importance of his friends in his life, but now she was a part of his life too. She expected him to consider her feelings as well before taking up decisions like this. Wasn't it obvious that a house warming party should have included her and her friends as well?? She couldn't help getting insecure about him prioritizing Fab5 over her.

She didn't want to go home, for the obvious reasons of not wanting to interrupt in Fab5's private party. Neither did she want to be with Navya, for she knew Navya wouldn't rest until she would extract all out of her and she didn't want to talk about this. So she decided to call the only friend left who she knew wouldn't badger her with million questions and would get her mind off these disturbing thoughts. So she fished out her phone and dialled the number.

"Hey Nandu. You dialled the wrong number. This is not Manik." The person on the other side spoke as soon as he picked up the phone and Nandini couldn't help but smile at his drama.

"Shut up Maddie. Where are you?"

"At your service madam." As soon as he finished his words, she felt a nudge on her shoulder and she turned around to see him standing in front of her.

"Hey." She hugged him after hanging up the phone.

"Wohoo..so much of love." He said reciprocating her gesture. "So tell me, what makes The Nandini 'Busy' Murthy to call oh so pitiable Madhyam Singhania?" He spoke dramatically.

"Shut up.." She said punching him in his gut to which he fake winced. "I was wondering if you're free. I don't want to go home so soon." She said making a pout and though, he found it a bit weird, he didn't question her and let it be, just what she needed, a friend without any badgering.

"I am always free for you, Nandu. So tell me, what's the plan?"

"Umm..movie, then dinner and then ice cream."

"Wooo.. Are you like asking me for a date?" He asked shying away.

"Maybe." She winked, playing along.

"Anytime sweetheart." He winked back and both burst out laughing.

Manik, along with Fab4, was on his way to the parking when his phone pinged with a message. He fished it out to see Nandini's name as the sender.

"Won't be home. Going out."  It was a simple text, but Manik could read her annoyance in it. He assumed her to be with Navya and thought it better to let her be for the time being. He decided to talk to her about it later, though.

Manik and Dhruv moved in his car while others followed them in Cabir's car. Manik had intentionally dragged Dhruv with him, asking his driver to bring the latter's bike, so that he could talk to him alone. Dhruv, though reluctant, agreed, for it was the best opportunity to know Manik's take on the whole situation. After hearing him supporting Aliya in the jam room, he was really restless and wanted to talk to him personally.

"Umm buddy..it's been so long we talked at leisure, no?" Manik drummed his fingers on the steering wheel subconsciously, trying to initiate the conversation.

"Hmm..you are quite busy these days." Dhruv replied curtly.

"Nothing such, dude. That reminds me, you seemed disturbed last night. Was there something you wanted to talk?" Manik tried to get to the topic while Dhruv chuckled humorlessly at his query which confused him.