cinq

mentions of drug use (minor)

🍦

sitting alone in a chair all day, not being able to move much due to your injuries was becoming normal. less people came to visit, therefore making tyler's income a lot smaller. the young boy was struggling financially, even though a generous man with the name of joshua had paid for everything buisness related. he hadn't eaten in the past few days either. he just couldn't afford it.

he was living in fear once again. every time the door opened he would panic. the most innocent of people would frighten him. it was like he needed a bodyguard by his side. the only person that actually came to the rescue was the man he met last week.

he quickly ran into the back of the store before scanning the number given to him by joshua. he thought that maybe joshua would keep him company. then again, it was early in the morning and the man would most likely be going to work.

tyler pulled out his phone and began tapping the number to save it into his contacts. he let out an audible breath as he brought the phone to his ear, waiting for josh to answer. he was startled by a loud voice coming from the other end. however, the voice was female.

"hello. who's this?" she beamed.

"t-tyler. do y-you know where j-joshua is?" the boy mumbled.

"tyler! hi, it's abigail. i'll go get josh." she squeaked, scaring the boy.

"tyler? what's wrong, bub?" josh's soft voice sent tingles down tyler's spine.

"i'm s-scared, joshua." the boy bit his bottom lip.

"i'll come over. do you mind if i bring abigail?" josh offered.

"p-please. i d-don't mind." tyler smiled.

"okay. i won't be long, sweetheart." the pet name caused a blush to appear on the brunette's cheeks. he sighed as the line went quiet.

the only thing on his mind was the red haired man. his soothing voice. his beautiful tattoo that tyler loved wondering about what it could possibly mean. the way his hand fit tyler's so perfectly, like a jigsaw piece. the soft kisses placed upon his forehead. don't get the boy started on how josh looked in a suit.

his daydream was interupted by a young girl swinging open the door. she sat on the stool beside the counter, confusion taking over her as tyler was nowhere to be seen. as if on queue, the boy stepped out. he was greeted by abigal in her uniform and a boy in a black sweater, his red hair slicked back. he almost choked in his saliva at the sheer sight of josh. the red haired boy cocked his head and let out a breathy laugh.

"surprised to see me, petal?" josh smiled, the brunette's cheeks flushed a shade of pink

"n-no. i was expecting you t-to wear a suit." tyler spoke, too quiet for the average person to hear.

"you okay, sweetheart? you look ill..." josh came closer to tyler, holding out his hand for the boy to take.

"i-i'm just afraid of them, j-joshua." tyler whispered, intertwining his fingers with josh's. tears lined his eyes as josh pressed a light kiss to his forehead.

"sorry for ruining the moment, but guys i'm here." abigail huffed, as josh darted his head towards her. glaring at her.

"sorry, but i don't find myself interupting your moments with that asshole you decide to bring home, as he distracts me from my work constantly." josh snapped, as the boy at his side shifted uncomfortably.

"fuck you, joshua. i'll see you later. and don't expect to see me alone." abigail stomped her way out of the shop before slamming the door.

"use protection, i don't want to pay for your medical bills!" josh shouted after her. tyler coughed, clearly out of place in the argument.

"i apologise, tyler. now explain to me what's scaring you." josh whispered, pressing another kiss to the boy's forehead.

"t-the guy. w-what he did after i blacked out. he t-took my bag and
c-coat." a tear fell down the boy's cheek as josh's eyes snapped open even wider.

"t-tyler... can i ask you a question?" josh coughed. the brunette nodded slowly as josh led him to one of the tables, motioning for him to sit down.

"have you ever done d-drugs?" josh was becoming nervous as the realisation kept hitting him.

"i was f-forced to. y-years ago." tyler looked down to his lap in regret.

"what drugs did you take, bub?" josh raised his brow.

"i don't remember. i tried forgetting w-what happened." tears began falling from his eyes as the memories began flooding his mind.

"okay. your belongings were handed in to my assistant. it was filled with drugs, all illegal. are you sure you didn't have any on you?" josh wiped the tears falling down the brunette's face.

"n-no. i would never. i can barely afford food, l-let alone drugs." tyler sobbed as josh took him in his arms, rocking him slowly.

"do you want to stay with me? it might be safer, honey." josh ran his fingers through the young boy's hair.

"p-please. i don't want to b-be alone anymore." the boy cried into josh's sweater.

"you need a word. so if you need me, all you need to do is say it. i'll come to you." josh whispered into tyler's ear.

"apricot..."