trente-sept

CHAPTERS ARE GETTING SHORTER - BUT DO NOT FRET

CHAPTERS ARE GETTING SHORTER - BUT DO NOT FRET. WE STILL HAVE A SEQUEL.

🍦

ARE YOU SATISFIED?

i sincerely hope that you pick up pieces one has left for you, for i could not fathom to see a struggling angel. you must be able to fly, spread your wings that the lord has blessed you with.

hope is that there will be a day of judgement; in which you are rightly percieved for your actions. the flowers will be placed upon your grave as those tears fall down familiar faces.

i wish for no tears to remain stained, as you are beyond this internal pain. you deserve happiness, your faith will be reflected.

but what truly comes for your future is your emotion currently. lead a hopeful and peaceful life, and i can assure you that your life above the clouds will be more than satisfactory. stay on the respected path, i have belief that you will fulfill this.

don't cry.

XANDER.J

shaking fingertips held onto the crumbled paper that has appeared to be torn from a book of sorts. eyes that were filled with tears casted themselves upon a barren ceiling, forgetting that the door remained wide so that he could be spotted.

but he simply did not care for concern he was to recieve as he allowed tears to run down his face. the guilt he knew he had to face was so tempting to give into, but he believed in order to sustain the longed life he must remain strong.

choked sobs passed his lips as his hand crept to his mouth, attempting at hiding the wails. but it still did not hide the fact he was heavily sobbing, the rattles of his breaths picked up by the man in the kitchen below, who became instantly aware as he heard faint whimpers.

turning off the stove so nothing would burn, he quickly padded up the stairs where his heart began to drop significantly. through the crack in the door he could visibly see the brunette wrapped up in sheets, letting out the most absurd wails.

using his instincts, he rushed into the room and headed straight for the boy who continued to sob. knowing that this was his ever-so-loving companion, his arms wrapped themselves around joshua's neck.

and the red head was not phased by the tears that stained his white tee, the warm exposed skin of the tanned angel comforting him as he embraced him so gently. calloused hands rubbed themselves along the shaking back in an attempt to soothe tyler.

"what has you so tearful, sweetheart?" the soft question was proclaimed, so sweet it calmed the brunette slightly, enough so that he was able to form coherent sentences. they pulled away slowly, joshua's thumb rubbing across tyler's jaw.

"wha-what if i-i, what if-if i can-cannot stay a-awa-wake for th-the life th-tha-that is-is to be presen-ented?" the broken voice rang out, the suffering visible from his wobbled diction, all saddening to his lover who looked at him with upmost endearment.

"i can assure you that you have the ability to soar, walking is mere topic." the red head assured, eyes twinkling as he stared into teared eyes, looking for the purpose in which the brunette was to find in him. "what was the first thing you wanted to do when you saw me?"

the boy seemed startled, his memory chasing him by the tail. but he was stable enough to conjure his reason, a smile stretching across plump lips as he remembered. "i-i want-wanted to find y-your purpo-pose."

"indeed, darling. do you want to know what i'm doing right now?" joshua ached to pepper his love in light kisses, but rather took the approach tyler would most likely appreciate - conversation. the brunette nodded in anticipation, his lip raw from being bitten. "finding your purpose."

"y-you don't need to-to look f-for it. you are my purpose." the brunette gave the most fleeting toothy grin that sent the heart of the red head into a series of complications - but tyler could only notice one thing that had never occured.

joshua was burning profusely.

"did you look on the internet for that one, petal?" the boy joked, his fluttering laugh filling graced ears. the brunette simply smiled, pleased with his respomse. nevertheless, the red head took no time in connecting their lips delicately.

a light hum formed in the back of the brunette's throat, his tears surprisingly cleared completely, for when in the company of his saviour he was quick to recover.

the touch was short-lived, but still allowed their lips to become accustom to pressure. they pulled away with smiles, pupils blown and lips reddened. "what's in your lap, beauty?"

"o-oh, jus' a thing." the boy shrugged, his posture becoming slouched once again as his darkened eyes came into contact with the crumpled paper. the red head cocked his head in confusion before taking the paper by his own fingertips, eyes scanning the meaningful words.

"this is from your fathers book, isn't it?" he questioned smoothly, the brunette nodding slightly. he simply smiled in return, pressing a light kiss to the nose of his angel, not forgetting the blush that dusted chubbed cheeks. "and i can tell you miss him."

"i haven't heard from him in-in so long, josh. it-it makes me angry due to the fact he has b-been living a free life, whi-whilst i'm picking up his pieces." tyler rather aggresively spoke through a clenched jaw, tears threatening to sting.

"i know what that's like, honey. you don't have to express anger you believe i've never encountered. it hurts, but if i can withstand that; i am certain you can."

"wha-what happened to you?" tyler became quickly interested, ears perking up to the somewhat new information. he was highly aware that he had not come into contact with his parents; but blind when it came to joshua's reasoning.

"don't worry about it." was all joshua responded with, nails scratching the back of his neck as he rose from his position, slowly heading towards the door. the brunette was left shaken, eyes widened as the quick change in emotion had left him clueless. "i better carry on cooking - no you stay there - get some rest, angel."

"j-joshie, are you okay?"

"i'm fine." the boy growled, causing the brunette to jump back, limbs somewhat trembling due to fear that had began to creep up. what was even more surprising was the fact joshua slammed the door closed, causing tears to slip down cheeks.

"m' sorry, josh." the brunette squeaked, his voice so gentle and quiet it had not been picked up. all he could simply do was bundle himself in sheets and let more tears fall, for his questioning had began to drive him to insanity.

and quickly.

🍦

💭does he still withstand such endearment and affection for my battered soul? or has he become accustom to the dark undertones i present, dismissing them so that i feel of no use. i knew it. all from the start.💭

3.