quarante

FINALÉ

FINALÉ

🍦

heavy breaths came from plump lips as eyes were closed tight. sweat radiated from every area possible as nerves continued to dominate his mind and body. his shaking hands were enveloped in the warm grip of his lover, who had taken the duty of knocking the freshly painted door. the wind allowed the red locks to blow softly, gifting the red head with a gentle breeze.

a rush came from the veins as joshua's thumb ran across the back of the brunette's hand, in an attempt to soothe him from the doubt that was creeping within. the younger was close to whimpering from fright as the wait had become longer than expected, leaving the boy to question whether this was a good idea after all.

but before the conversation could be inflicted, the door was opened slightly, a tall man standing between the crack. from instinct, tyler hid behind joshua who was taken aback by the surprising action of the door. a soft expression riddled the tall man's face, exerting comfort and understanding at an instant.

joshua could see the similarity between this figure and the trembling brunette behind, noting that this may possibly be the man that tyler had been crying over for the past months he had known. "may i help you at all?" his voice was soft, just like the brunette's own, a smile radiated from glowing lips that had been passed down through generations onto tyler.

"it is not i who needs help, sir." the tall man cocked his head in confusion, a glimpse of fright flashing through the pupils as joshua made no move to further his statement. realising he was to add to the words he had begun with, joshua smiled back at the man. "it's somebody i love dearly, and i know that you do too."

and with that, joshua stepped to the side, clenching onto tyler's shaking hand. those doe-eyes flickered open and met with the glowing man between the door crack. it took everything in the small boy not to drop to his knees and pray to every god imaginable; because he could not even see past the tears that had formed in his eyes.

joshua looked straight to the tall man who had slowly emerged from inside the home, expression softening to to maximum as he watched the brunette tear up at his presence. the red head noticed that the man's eyes had widened, hand reached out to the sobbing boy.

joshua almost felt as if he was not meant to witness this ordeal - for it was a personal interaction that he had forced himself into. but knowing that he was to become a part of this family in no longer than several hours, he would have to withstand the emotional labour that followed the broken family.

"how... how did you find him?" the tall man stared directly at joshua, who was rubbing the back of tyler's hand as his chest collapsed with every breath. the red head noticed that tears had began rolling down the cheeks of the tall man, smiling to himself as he believed to be doing good for once.