treinte-neuf

DID YOU MISS ME?

DID YOU MISS ME?

🍦

his frame was curled up in the sheets; and joshua found it absolutely endearing. he was as frail and fragile as a butterfly, with wings that extended upon the horizon. his chest heaved with delicacy, and joshua's sinful fingertips could only roam the tanned skin.

disturbance was for the lowest; those who could not allow a simple second for peace upon the resting. so as joshua kept his gaze upon the sleeping beauty - he allowed his mind to drift.

analysing several areas of discomfort that had been brought upon the resting crossed his mind, from how he would dodge the fatal truth and still maintain a clear path for the future. he was aware that tyler would be penalised for his actions.

but then his mind crossed elsewhere.

as the brunette's state of mind was crumbled beyond belief, almost too far gone to be fixed, joshua could only trace ounces of happiness towards one person. that being xander.

gently removing his hand from the frail wrist of his lover, he began to wander around their shared room. questions began to arise, would it be possible? what if they do not oblige? will he be accepted?

it was all a blur.

nevertheless he pulled open a door to the wardrobe that held suitcases hostage, reminding himself that tyler would need more than one. fumbling with zippers, he swiftly flipped the top of one suitcase open.

the rustling of his hands upon clothing had accumulated a significant level of sound, causing the once sleeping to awaken. his eyelashes fluttered open, body raising itself from the position.

"w-what are you doin'?" tyler mumbled restlessely, fists balling at his eyes as a short-lived yawn escaped his lips. joshua's head snapped upwards, almost causing whiplash. "you aren't leaving? a-are you?"

"oh baby, no." joshua was quick to reply, rushing over to his angel who had already found tears rolling down his puffed cheeks. a sweet kiss was pressed against his forehead, before their noses brushed against one another. "never."

"then what you doin'?" the princess tilted his head in concern, eyeing the several pieces of clothing that he now identified as his own. "are y-you kicking me out?"

joshua could not help but let out a chuckle, only to recieve a sharp hey in return. "not at all, darling. if you get your little body dressed, you'll find out where we're going."

"why are you putting my father's book in-" and tyler became silent. the red head noticed the sudden pause in communication, lifting his head to meet with the stunned expression painted upon his lovers face.

"tyler?" joshua whimpered, shaken due to the fact tears were rolling down in the form of tracks, yet no emotion appeared to be upon the brunette's face. "hey, princess, you with me?"

"you're taking me to see my father, aren't you?"

🍦

a hand was placed upon his trembling thigh, his mind not comprehending his surroundings. the past few hours had been a blur, for he could not bring himself back to reality.

"j-joshua, this is really happening." he confirmed, eyes snapping over to the red head who was relaxing in the driver's seat, as there were clear roads. "can i suggest something?"

"of course, tyler."

"i'm having a moment, and that god damn heavy rap is not setting the mood." and he was met with silence as joshua reached to turn off the blaring music. tyler smiled to himself as he rested his head back, inhaling heavily.

"we're nearly there, sweetheart. how are you holding up?" the red head proclaimed, the brunette perking up as he noticed houses come into view. allowing his calloused fingertips to run through his hair, tyler let out what could only be described as a noise of discomfort.

"it would be mandatory to say i am excited, satisfactory to say i am content, but in reality, i'm rattling with nerves that i don't believe i can control." tyler confessed, doe-eyes casting themselves upon the prominent jawline of his lover.

"that's completely acceptable, bub. you're about to see somebody you believe to be deceased, somebody you, and even i, look up to. i wouldn't know what to feel."

"yes but you do feel a certain way that you can explain, because it's a blur. this feeling, keep in mind i live in constant fear, i can never distinguish a true feeling. that's because i was forced to feel one way."

"noted, but surely you must have some clue to what should be expected of you - you know this man."

"do i? after all these years, do i still know my own father? do i know myself? it's a path set for failure, for i do not know truly who anyone is, so who do i know me?"

"tyler, you're so very confusing." and the brunette giggled airily, swatting at the bicep of the driver. being lost in the conversation made him forget that their destination was beneath their noses.

so once the car halted, the brunette suddenly felt riddled with the emotions joshua had been informing him of. and he didn't like it - one bit.

"well. this is it, hope you're ready to meet your father, tyler."

🍦

💭sir, may i speak to you in private? it regards the relationship of me and tyler, and i wanted to ask something of you.💭

1.