douze

i'd love to sit on the top of a hill and talk about life with you

i'd love to sit on the top of a hill and talk about life with you. there are so many things about you that i adore. stay alive, sweethearts.

🍦

the sounds of birds chirping filled tylers ears pleasantly, the gentle breeze that came from the window in front of him cleansed his skin every time it brushed against him. he flipped the pages of the book his father wrote, memorising every word that was written. though it was lame to have your fathers book as your favourite, the boy had no shame in saying it was indeed his.

the careful wording and the deep explanations screamed out to him. he ran his finger over every printed letter, smiling at himself as he imagined his own father saying the very words. a slight tear formed in the corner of his eye as he reminded himself of his fathers whereabouts. he quickly wiped his eyes as a voice was heard from behind him.

"good morning, tyler." josh spoke, walking into the kitchen towards the chair the brunette was sat in.

"g-good morning." the boy's voice broke, a soft giggle coming from the older man at the sound.

"what are you reading, sweetheart?" the red haired boy asked, as the younger boy's teary chocolate eyes met his. his face turned into one of concern as he saw the tears in tylers eye.

"m-my fathers book. s-sorry for my t-tears, joshua." the boy laughed softly, before closing his book and placing it to his side. his eyes were now fixed on josh's face, exploring the depth of his glimmering eyes.

"what was your father like, tyler." josh smiled, reaching out to take the brunettes hand in his owm. their fingers fit like jigsaw pieces, sliding in perfectly. the brunette felt how warm josh's hand were in his own, his calloused fingertips ran over his knuckles, soothing him.

"he w-was an inspiration t-to me. he taught me s-so many lessons, joshua. i-if i ever have kids, t-that's if somebody would want kids w-with me, i want to p-pass down the knowledge he g-gave me." the boy's eyes began to go misty, tears lining them. josh squeezed his hand as he spoke, listening intently.

there was a moment of silence, just the sounds of the morning birds heard from outside, the comfortable presence of joshua calmed the brunette. this man made him feel at ease, and he owed so much to him. as he not only saved his life once, but twice. all of the pain he had faced throughout his life led up to this moment, and he couldn't have been more satisfied with the result.

"speak to me. like you would to your father." josh broke the peaceful silence, the younger boy met his gaze as he took a deep breath.

"w-what do you fear the most, j-joshua." he sighed, before looking out of the window once again. the red haired boy pondered on the question, thinking of an answer that would meet tylers expectations.