Chapter 3.

Bucky and I were awakened by the sound of his words blasting over the loudspeaker. It was deafening.

Сильное желание

Bucky started chanting the word 'no' over and over, as he scrambled to pull his pants on. I on the other hand, kept chanting the word 'shit'.

Проржавевший

I pulled some clothes on, and went to Bucky. He was crouched on the floor, covering his ears in a futile attempt to block out the sound.

Семнадцать

I started putting in the mental barriers.

Рассвет

"Daisy. Please. Don't let them take me." Bucky pleaded with me. He wanted me to kill him. I could see it clearly in his head.

Печь

I took his face in my hands. "It's going to be okay. I promise. This is the last time."

Девять

"What if I never see you again?"

Доброкачественная

I kissed him. It broke my heart. My head was full of the thought 'don't project this dread you're feeling on him'.

Возвращение домой

"You'll be free, Bucky. You won't ever have to do this again."

Один

I pulled him to his feet. We needed to make this look professional.

Грузовой автомобиль

"готов подчиняться" The Winter Soldier said. Bucky was gone.

I grabbed the briefing manual from my desk and start drilling him with his instructions as I countered them in my head. Soldiers filed in rifles pulled. I could feel their doubt. They had expected me to have set Bucky against them. Not a bad idea really. Bucky could have gotten out of here if I'd done that. I'm not sure I would have been so lucky.

I finished the briefing and turned to them pressing the thought that I am both trustworthy and in charge onto them. They lowered their weapons.

"I guess we better get on with it then." I snapped, pushing past the soldiers. "Soldier."

Bucky followed me. I touched on his mind, and it's full of murder. Full of the Winter Soldier.

I took him to the armory. I hadn't actually been in there since I was a kid. He pushed past me and started dressing fully in his leather armor. Brian came up behind me.

"What were you doing with him in your room?" He asked.

"What I was told. Keeping his mind blank. Getting rid of whoever it was he used to be."

"Why didn't you do it in the lab?"

I rolled my eyes. "Because we were fucking all night." I snarked. "I wanted to be comfortable. What's it to you anyway? He was my responsibility. Not yours. He's ready to go. What more do you want?"

I saw what the mention of fucking does in his head. The things he would do to me if he could. It made me sick.

I moved away from him. Rumlow handed me a bullet-proof vest and I pulled it on and he pushed me into the back of one of the trucks.