Chapter 16.

I woke up to a room full of chaos. I was being lifted onto a stretcher. James was crying. I couldn't see where he was. I sat up and the people around me started fighting to hold me down.

"Let me go!" I cried fighting against them. Someone came towards me with a syringe and instead of saying it out loud I pushed it into them. - LET ME GO! -

Everyone stopped and I climbed off the gurney. Tony was standing to the side of the room holding James.

"Daisy, stop this. You're going back to the compound." He said. It was half an order, half pleading with me.

"Put him down." I seethed.

"Look at you! You're bleeding. Be reasonable."

"Put. Him. Down." I yelled, pushing the order into his head. Tony placed James on his feet and Jamie ran to me. The expression on Tony's face was one of total pain. I picked up James and tore a strip of the sheet from the gurney, holding it to my face.

Tony held his hand up at me, he had one of his Iron Man gauntlets on. I stared at him. "Everyone, get out of here. I don't exist." I said, pushing it to everyone else in the room.

Everyone in the room started to leave. The pain Tony felt was intense. "Please, Daisy. I don't want to hurt you."

"Put your hand down. You are never going to threaten me like that again." I said pushing the order into his head. Tony dropped his hand.

"Stop. Please."

"Do you like me, Tony? And Jamie?" I asked.

"Of course I do." He said, his pain was being replaced by terror at what I was doing to him.

"Do you want to keep the memories of us?" I seethed.

He stumbled backwards. "What are you planning to do?"

"Tell me where Steve is."

"I – I don't know." He stuttered.

I scanned him. He really didn't know. Steve and Sam had taken off after Bucky.

"You're going to let me leave here and find my family, Tony. You're either going to do that making the choice yourself, or I am going to force you to do it. If I force you to do it, I will erase every trace that either Jamie or I exist. Do you understand?"

"Please don't do this." Tony pleaded with me. "You know I can't let you go."

I approached him and touched his face. "Goodbye, Tony. I do love you." He wanted to grab me, but I wouldn't let him raise his arms.

"Daisy ..." He whispered.

I looked down at him sadly. "You don't know a Daisy."

* * * * *

I stumbled down the hall holding James tightly against me. I was still bleeding but it was begin to ease up. My head however felt like it had been cracked open. I was worried I'd pass out again before I got out of here.

Sharon Carter came around the corner looking frantic. I went to wipe her of seeing me but I felt her relief in finding me and I hesitated.

"Daisy, thank god! Follow me." She said.

I scanned her. Steve had sent her to get me and their armor. I followed, trying to keep up with her.

"Are you hurt?" She asked.

"No. The things I can do ... my abilities ... they've been acting up. When I use them they hurt me." I said.

"Maybe I should take you somewhere safe." Sharon suggested. "Let Steve find you when all this is done with."