Chapter 19.

Our time in Wakanda seemed to be going past far too fast. Our little family was becoming far more relaxed and comfortable around each other. There was still this looming cloud of sadness because no matter what we said to him, Bucky was adamant that he was still going into stasis.

We did our best to just enjoy it. Enjoy the peace and safety that had been provided for us in Wakanda. I was slowly healing. Emphasis on the slow. The medical staff weren't willing to do anything extra while I was pregnant. So it was just rest my powers as much as I could. I was afraid that by the time the baby was born I wouldn't be well enough to fix him and he'd leave us again.

King T'Challa gave Steve a new shield. It was a dark navy blue bordering on black with no embellishments at all.

Bucky also had his arm rebuilt. He was hesitant at first. Sure it would make him a higher risk. Eventually he just wanted to be able to hold Jamie while he did other things and he relented. His new arm was made from vibranium and designed by the engineers of Wakanda. The technology here was so advanced compared to what was available in the rest of the world. Even being around Stark tech constantly didn't prepare me for the things I saw in Wakanda.

Steve started drawing again. He would sit and sketch most days while we sat around just being together. Drawings of the jungle. Drawings of James, of Bucky and of me. There were often sketches and doodles just littered around the apartment. James started copying him. He'd take crayons and pens and sit down at the table next to Steve and they'd draw together. James' pictures always the bright scribbles of a toddler.

Bucky started cooking. A lot. He'd experiment with recipes. Every day we had a new dish to try. He particularly liked to bake and our little apartment was often filled with the smell of cakes and breads.

My favourite thing was just the four of us sitting around being family. Maybe we'd have an old movie on. Jamie would be on the floor while the three of us sat all tangled together on the couch. I liked their hands being on me. I liked mine being on them. Not even in a sexual way. Just having someone to touch. Being intimate with them.

It was getting to the end point of my pregnancy. Things were progressing normally. The little life in me would send out these loud thoughts of light and colour and sound. It was like having a strange art exhibition in my head at all times. I lay against Bucky's chest on the couch with my eyes closed listening to her thoughts. Steve was trying to get James down to sleep, and Bucky was playing a game where he'd press down on my stomach trying to get the baby to push back.

"You still awake, Daisy?" He asked, wrapping both arms around me.

I hummed in reply.

His hands slid over my breasts teasing my nipples.

"Bucky," I whined. "You know how on edge I am."

He laughed and nuzzled at my neck. "Why do you think I'm doing it?"

His hands slid down my side, over the swell of my belly and teased over my pussy. I shifted my legs and he pulled my skirt up and slipped his vibranium fingers into my panties. I hummed leaning back against him tilting my head back over his shoulder.

"Buck." I breathed. I nipped at his earlobe and he pressed down on my clit with his cold metal finger. It sent a shiver through my body.

"What is it, doll?"

"I love you." I said. I had gotten into the habit of telling him that as much as I could. Maybe trying to guilt him into staying with us? Maybe just so he knew it was true. He was loved. We were here for him.

"How did I know that's what you were going to say?" He laughed.

I pushed his hand away and rolled over sitting on my knees in between his legs. My hands on his shoulders. "I love you, Bucky." I said placing a kiss on his neck. "I love you." I kissed his cheek. "I love you."