Chapter 5.

Dating Captain America wasn't easy. He was kind of a celebrity. Not like a major celebrity. He did get stopped a lot though. Especially by kids. He tried to go incognito places, but he was quite frankly, really shit at it. It just drew more attention to him. People would look over at him and go 'where do I know that guy from' and then think about it for ages before it came to them and they would come over and thank him for saving New York or whatever.

Dating Steve Rogers wasn't so bad. He was sweet. I'd never had someone be really sweet to me. I'd spent my whole life being treated like a thing. A useful thing, but still a thing. Even Bucky, who was nice to me, was not exactly what you'd call sweet. He was often just scared and confused. When he wasn't he was just that little bit arrogant and cocksure, that he didn't feel the need to be sweet exactly. Not that I can blame him really, I was in his head. You don't exactly have filters on your thoughts. That's why most people can't read them.

Steve liked to date the way they do on TV. He'd wait for me in the lounge area of Avenger's tower with flowers. He'd take me out to dinner. Maybe a movie. We'd take walks through central park. Go for carriage rides. He even took me to Coney Island. We both felt sad that day, wishing Bucky was with us. It brought us closer.

Steve made me feel loved and wanted in a way I'd never felt before. The others in the team liked to tease us. It made Steve feel embarrassed. Another reminder that he didn't belong to this time. He was stuck in the past doing antiquated things. I however couldn't give a shit. For starters, I wasn't of any time. I had been locked in a building with no contact with the outside world except what I gleaned of the minds of Hydra agents. It was distorted and often bleak. Seeing a world that was even passingly similar to the world Bucky dreamed of was familiar and comforting to me, and that's exactly what Steve tried to do. He tried to replicate how you dated back in the 1940s. I also couldn't care what the others said, I could hear their thoughts. They could tease me for having a nice time all they wanted. They were mostly just jealous.

Steve did not seem to want to have sex with me though. I mean he did. I could see he did. I could see everything he wanted to do with me. That really just made it worse because he couldn't get past the notion that you waited for sex. I kept getting worried that the more pregnant I got the less he'd want me. That's what was happening in the heads of the others. When I first met them, even Natasha would have the passing sexual thought about me. It just got less and less over time. Maybe that's just what happens when you make friends. I wouldn't really know. Clint was funny though. Clint had a thing for pregnant women it seemed.

Unlike the others though (Clint excluded), Steve's desire for me just grew. Each time we held hands. Each time we embraced. Each time our lips touched. I could see all the new ways in which he wanted me. He never made his move though. If I pressed it he brushed me off.

It was two months before I could see in his head that it was going to happen. He took me dancing. That was new. I could see it meant something to him. I tried to enjoy it for him, but at six months pregnant I was heavy and uncomfortable. Neither of us actually knew how to dance either, and we were just awkward. Stepping on each others toes, bumping into each other. Steve started feeling really low, like maybe he'd made a mistake thinking we could be a couple. Maybe he didn't deserve anyone. He started questioning why he hadn't died in the ice. Something he hadn't done for months.

A slow song started and I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a kiss, swaying gently with him to the tempo of the music. He resisted, but slowly his mouth opened to me. My tongue slipped into his mouth and grazed over his teeth. I sucked on his bottom lip and danced my tongue over his top lip. He gradually took over. It was so unlike him. His tongue battled with mine, his teeth grazed over my skin. We kissed for the entire four minute twenty-eight seconds the song took to play. When we broke apart we were breathless and light headed.