Chapter 10.

We all dressed and I said goodbye to James I reassured him with my mind he was safe and with people who would protect him as Fury took him from me. It felt like my heart was being torn out.

We flew to Korea. Natasha and Clint taking turns flying the jet while the rest of us waited. Even with the speed of the Quinn Jet it was going to be five hours before we got there. I dozed in Steve's arms, trying to block out the thoughts he had of me dying in the upcoming fight.

As we approached Korea he woke me up and spoke to me. He wasn't my boyfriend Steve any more. He was Captain America, my unit leader. I hated it. It made me think of Hydra. I didn't want thoughts of Steve to be anywhere near thoughts of my time in Hydra.

"During the battle you will stay here in the Jet with Clint. You will not leave for any reason other than the jet is incapacitated and you're directly under attack. You will scan the crowd, find the cradle. You will do your best to take out the female, Wanda. If you can't you will either protect our minds from her, or you will take out the mind of the male, Pietro. Do you understand?"

"Yes." I said. It came out shaky.

"Please stay safe, Daisy. I love you." He said, softer this time. Not Captain America, but Steve Rogers my boyfriend.

"You stay safe too." I said.

He kissed me, and we all waited in silence until we arrived in Korea.

We dropped Steve off at Helen Cho's medical facility and he went inside to find Ultron. We waited in dead silence for his command.

I scanned the city, looking for people who were seeing things that might lead to Ultron. Trying to pin point the twins.

There was talking happening. Clint and Natasha talking with Steve. It was like it was static. All I cared about was the twins.

As I scanned I felt a weird alien mind from just below. I probed it and saw destruction. The whole human race annihilated. It felt like the stone too. Calling me. Telling me to take it for myself and I could stop all of this.

"Ultron is directly below us." I said. Even my own voice sounded far away to me. When Clint spoke to Steve it might as well have happened on another planet for all the notice I took.

I was pulled towards something stronger. I scanned everyone, each person one at at time but so quickly it was like data being passed through the Internet.

Our minds locked. She fought me. She was strong. I was stronger.

GET OUT OF ME! Her mind shrieked.

I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOU HURT MY FRIENDS. TIME FOR YOU TO SLEEP. I shot back.

YOUR FRIENDS?

THE AVENGERS. WE WILL STOP YOU AND ULTRON.

WE AREN'T WITH ULTRON ANY MORE. She cried out. Her thoughts were terrified. I scanned them. She had seen the destruction too. She wanted no part of it.

YOU HELPED HIM. NOW HELP US STOP HIM. I pushed.

There was turmoil in her mind. She didn't know what to do. I pushed again. I knew I couldn't force her to change her mind. She's too powerful and she felt like that fucking stone. Still, I convinced her, mostly because she knows it's the right thing to do. I released her and collapsed back against my chair. I wiped my nose and my hand came back bloody. I needed to get something from the med kit but I was too tired and Clint was flying erratically. We were under attack. Somewhere along the line Natasha left the jet.