Chapter 4: ~Carnivale~

I paced the second floor of my home waiting for her, I couldn't take it, I was shaking with excitement. I heard a knock and I lightly squealed as I rushed down the stairs to greet her. "STELLA!!" I squeaked as she did the same "AH! Do you have your mask ?!" She asked me in a high tone. "Of course Stella you thought id go to carnival without one?" I giggled to her.
"It was just a simple question, we should head out now." She informed me as it was already time to go. "Si si." I responded as We headed out the door, I placed my mask upon my face to disguise myself. Tonight very well might be the perfect night to not only get away, but to get away with a little bit of mischief as well, I smiled to myself as we walked the well sculpted streets of Venice.

As we passed over the ponte minich bridge we discussed how my father was, and how I was coping with his death soon to arrive. "Well I guess, I've just come to terms with the fact that I have to lose him as well as mother." I looked to the ground.
"Chin up Bella!" She lifted my chin, "you're to beautiful to cry like that at a time like this." she smiled sincerely to me, as I did the same to her. We discussed a little more changing the subject, when she asked me an even more confusing question. "Do you ever hope to find your love at carnival? It's so pretty and full of life, what if You found him here!" She suggested. 
"You're so silly Stella." I giggled but stopped when I saw her serious look. "Stella what's wrong?" I asked her concerned. "What if they expect you here tonight?" She warned me quietly.
"Trust me, I always come to carnival prepared, I have never let them ruin my fun, plus I'm wearing a mask I always risk it only because I don't believe they'd find me." My dress revealed my left leg Just slightly over my knee, I lifted my dress a little to show her the knife tucked underneath in a leather knife holder custom made to wrap around my upper thigh. "I had it measured to fit perfectly." I smiled, she smiled back as we continued on.

As soon as we arrived she took a light grip upon my wrist and pulled me forward to dance, and I did as she wanted me to. I twirled and spun around feeling like a queen, we danced together. Stella had attracted a young male her way, I could tell she seemed to like him by the way they kept talking, then she walked back over, having the man wait. "(y,n) I'll be back in a moment." She was red faced, I giggled at the thought of where she might be going with him.

When those two were out of sight, I thought 'this is perfect, this is my chance I can steal a few florins from the people around me!' I watched as all the men and women danced together, the jesters entertain the others, and the band play the tune we all enjoyed. I spotted a woman, she had a lovely bluish gray dress on, I absolutely adored it, a few Berets in her hair, it was done up fancy like. She was perfect, I began to approach the side of one of the wooden standbys, I stepped up inside of it and watched her from an angle, her dress shone in the light of the fireworks, "lovely." I whispered to myself, I grasped the sides of my dress and lifted them up as I stepped down from the wooden standby, I acted as if I was just a normal civilian enjoying the gorgeous sight of Venice as carnival was taking place. I came closer to the woman each second. it felt like forever, I spotted her pouch that she must be carrying money in, I locked eyes on it.. My target. Wait, What? What's that .. I  paused, I felt as if someone was watching me, I only knew because their eyes were burning into my back.. It was no good, I had a feeling.. Maybe it was them, Luca and Marco.

I felt a sudden shiver surround my entire bodily form, did they find me ? No.. They can't recognize me, I'm wearing the mask, I'm dressed differently, they can't. I argued with myself as I lifted my dress to lightly grip the knife upon my upper thigh. I wasn't prepared.